Interport Question

I am sailing in June on an Interport cruise (from rome) on symphony.  I didn’t realize this when booking, but figured it out when I couldn’t book the key or any dining.  Has anyone been able to book the UDP onboard for an Interport cruise? And since it won’t link to the app, does anyone have any tips other than just getting the compass printed out? How do we book shows? Thank you!!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, kdc0905 said:

And since it won’t link to the app, does anyone have any tips other than just getting the compass printed out? How do we book shows?

Most have reported that the app sorta starts working properly once on board. 

• Thanks 1

We sailed Wonder out of Rome last year with the interport situation.  Overall, I was glad we left out of Rome as we wanted to tour in Italy before and after the cruise.  However, there are some oddities you want to be aware of.  Unless it changes, the app will not work properly.  You will need to access the app by looking at the cruises out of Barcelona leaving before and after you board in order to see the Daily Planner.  You will not be able to book shows via the app, but you can do it at Guest Services.  Now that you can again book shows in advance, I would call Royal to do it. We were able to book the UDP (you may need to call), but actually making dining reservations was tricky.  We could only book 3 days when we first boarded and then when the next Barcelona boarding day came (Sunday) we could book the other 4 days.  On our sailing about 75% of the guests boarded in Barcelona.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2023 at 6:53 PM, kdc0905 said:

I am sailing in June on an Interport cruise (from rome) on symphony.  I didn’t realize this when booking, but figured it out when I couldn’t book the key or any dining.  Has anyone been able to book the UDP onboard for an Interport cruise? And since it won’t link to the app, does anyone have any tips other than just getting the compass printed out? How do we book shows? Thank you!!

All I get on our Rome cruise on Symphony is, the following. Can’t even see itinerary times, or excursions booked, or restaurants booked.  

Is this Common for the Rome Interport cruises?

(No biggie, just curious. Looks like a spreadsheet is in order 😉.)

E58FE2B3-F7BD-40AC-A919-460464BAD095.jpeg

Edited by ocean sounds
Added

The app did not work at all when I sailed from Rome, Booked shows onboard at the desk set up for this as soon as we boarded. They hold back spots for this so there should be availability

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ocean sounds There is a workaround you can use until you board the ship.  On the app, scroll to the bottom of the page that lists “your upcoming cruises.” Click on “Browse our ships.” Click on Symphony and then select the week when your cruise starts (if you depart on June 8, select June 4-11.  If you go into the Daily Planner, currently you will see only the ship excursions and activities like cupcake class.  Once you get closer to sailing, more things will populate.  For the second half of your cruise, just look at the following week, June 11-18. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2023 at 7:53 PM, kdc0905 said:

We just found out our upcoming cruise from Cyprus is an "interport" cruise, and we are aren't even able to see/book excursions. Are you able to see/book excursions on your cruise?

14 minutes ago, ProfessorCFK said:

We just found out our upcoming cruise from Cyprus is an "interport" cruise, and we are aren't even able to see/book excursions. Are you able to see/book excursions on your cruise?

I can see excursions, drink packages, and internet packages.  that's it 😞 

Edited by kdc0905
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2023 at 4:16 PM, SebagoSue said:

We sailed Wonder out of Rome last year with the interport situation.  Overall, I was glad we left out of Rome as we wanted to tour in Italy before and after the cruise.  However, there are some oddities you want to be aware of.  Unless it changes, the app will not work properly.  You will need to access the app by looking at the cruises out of Barcelona leaving before and after you board in order to see the Daily Planner.  You will not be able to book shows via the app, but you can do it at Guest Services.  Now that you can again book shows in advance, I would call Royal to do it. We were able to book the UDP (you may need to call), but actually making dining reservations was tricky.  We could only book 3 days when we first boarded and then when the next Barcelona boarding day came (Sunday) we could book the other 4 days.  On our sailing about 75% of the guests boarded in Barcelona.

you booked the udp onboard or beforehand?

On 3/22/2023 at 6:48 PM, SebagoSue said:

@ocean sounds There is a workaround you can use until you board the ship.  On the app, scroll to the bottom of the page that lists “your upcoming cruises.” Click on “Browse our ships.” Click on Symphony and then select the week when your cruise starts (if you depart on June 8, select June 4-11.  If you go into the Daily Planner, currently you will see only the ship excursions and activities like cupcake class.  Once you get closer to sailing, more things will populate.  For the second half of your cruise, just look at the following week, June 11-18. 

Thanks, good advice!  

Can you answer a question on boarding day from an interport location - Rome, since it’s a regular port stop for those who boarded in Barcelona.  

Is there a defined boarding time range for those joining in Rome?  Ex: no later than 90 minutes before departure?  Wasn’t sure how long they staffed the terminal for those checking in and boarding there. 

we have transport to the pier that includes a tour in Rome first.   Don’t want to ( literally ) miss the boat (ship)

Edited by ocean sounds
Add

@kdc0905I was able to book the UDP and internet beforehand in the cruise planner using the website, not the app.

@ocean sounds I had that same question last year, as we were driving down from Florence and didn’t want to leave until noon.  We checked it at 4:00 pm and were literally the only guests in the terminal.  We had a private car transfer and he was able to drive right up to the door of the terminal and the porters were right there for our luggage.  It was the easiest boarding we have ever done! 
For our cruise they did ask that guests boarding in Rome check in by 5:30 or 6:00, I believe.  Those coming back from excursions had until 7:30 I think for getting back on the ship.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SebagoSue said:

@kdc0905I was able to book the UDP and internet beforehand in the cruise planner using the website, not the app.

@ocean sounds I had that same question last year, as we were driving down from Florence and didn’t want to leave until noon.  We checked it at 4:00 pm and were literally the only guests in the terminal.  We had a private car transfer and he was able to drive right up to the door of the terminal and the porters were right there for our luggage.  It was the easiest boarding we have ever done! 
For our cruise they did ask that guests boarding in Rome check in by 5:30 or 6:00, I believe.  Those coming back from excursions had until 7:30 I think for getting back on the ship.

Thanks so much!  That really helps

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We just figured out that we are also booked on an interport cruise out of Rome.  This was not disclosed when we booked.  Customer service said that we will not be able to book any dining, including My Time Dining until we board.  Wondering if anyone else has experience with this type of sailing and can provide feedback on being able to arrange dining once on board.  

20 minutes ago, asbruce said:

Wondering if anyone else has experience with this type of sailing and can provide feedback on being able to arrange dining once on board.  

The app may work once you connect to the ship wifi but if you are already on board, just go to the MDR and arrange in person.

7 hours ago, asbruce said:

Wondering if anyone else has experience with this type of sailing and can provide feedback on being able to arrange dining once on board.  

I was on Symphony's first interporting cruise, back in June of 2018. Sounds like things haven't changed.