Cost and arranging flights for overseas departures.

GOQ

Sorry if this is a silly question. I usually cruise with P&O or Marella where the quoted prices of cruises departing from an overseas port includes the cost of flights and transfers.

I have just been looking at the fares for the Ambience cruise from Sydney to Singapore for 24/2/24 and they seem incredibly good value and cannot possibly include flights in that price, can it, have I missed an add flights option somewhere on the web page?

As I have written above I only have experience of flight inclusive cruises. I assume I would have to organise my own flights, transfers and possibly pre stay hotel, or find a travel agent to organise a package, or will Ambassador organise this at extra cost.

I have no experience of arranging separate flights, what do you guys do?

On 3/19/2023 at 10:57 AM, GOQ said:

Sorry if this is a silly question. I usually cruise with P&O or Marella where the quoted prices of cruises departing from an overseas port includes the cost of flights and transfers.

I have just been looking at the fares for the Ambience cruise from Sydney to Singapore for 24/2/24 and they seem incredibly good value and cannot possibly include flights in that price, can it, have I missed an add flights option somewhere on the web page?

As I have written above I only have experience of flight inclusive cruises. I assume I would have to organise my own flights, transfers and possibly pre stay hotel, or find a travel agent to organise a package, or will Ambassador organise this at extra cost.

I have no experience of arranging separate flights, what do you guys do?

The brochure does confirm that the sectors are only offered "Cruise Only" - "...for you to build your own unique holiday package". I've never done it but would use a reputable flight brokers to book the flights. I would recommend one but that would probably get me banned. Presumably you'll have at least a couple of nights before and after the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

whatever you do, don't use one of the generic online agents to book flights

they are notorious for passing you from pillar to post if there is a problem with your booking.

It isn't worth the saving of a few pounds should something go wrong (obviously it doesn't go wrong for 99.99% of people, but the unlucky one could just be you)

Use online sites to get an idea of the cost involved, and then:

either book direct with the airline's website, or your trusted local real world travel agent (assuming that you still have one of the latter)