Driving from Maryland to Port Canaveral

dewb5359

Buccee's is already a major presence on I-95 in Florida with just two (IIRC) locations.  Gasoline prices are competitive, rest rooms are surgical suite clean, "pit roast" brisket makes a fine, messy sandwich. It's not unlike a county fair atmosphere inside the place.

On subject, Florida allows local counties to impose gasoline sales taxes on top of the federal and state taxes. While that provides reliable funding for local roads and improvements, it also means gas prices may differ by 10 to 15 cents just by crossing a county line

47 minutes ago, Cienfuegos said:

Buccee's is already a major presence on I-95 in Florida with just two (IIRC) locations.  Gasoline prices are competitive, rest rooms are surgical suite clean, "pit roast" brisket makes a fine, messy sandwich. It's not unlike a county fair atmosphere inside the place.

On subject, Florida allows local counties to impose gasoline sales taxes on top of the federal and state taxes. While that provides reliable funding for local roads and improvements, it also means gas prices may differ by 10 to 15 cents just by crossing a county line

They seem to mostly be in Texas.  Everything is bigger in Texas, right?

Some day I will just have to plan on taking an hour or so for a stop on the ones on I-95.

4 hours ago, Rothko1 said:

They seem to mostly be in Texas.  Everything is bigger in Texas, right?

Some day I will just have to plan on taking an hour or so for a stop on the ones on I-95.

They started in Texas, but have been aggressively expanding into other states in the past few years.  Besides Florida and SC (mentioned here), they’ve moved into Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky and Tenn.  Before I retired, I reviewed a couple of sites in NC (for traffic impacts) that ended up not proceeding for local reasons.  But they’re still looking here.

im not in their target demographic but I can see it as a good pit stop for a traveling family.  (For what I want at a pit stop, I can get faster and easier at at the chains I mentioned in an earlier post.  I’m looking for a stop to be under ten minutes if I can.  Every minute counts when I’m driving long distances solo.)