Confiscated Items

MayorDrafty

1 hour ago, luvcruzing said:

Nope.  Broke the lock, scrambled everything inside, and then delivered to my stateroom.  I’m guessing the item they suspected was an aluminum tumbler.

I don't believe mall cops are permitted to do that, so I would have been looking for someone's head on a platter. Was the luggage tag still attached?

Guest BasicSailor

Broke the lock, scrambled everything inside, and then delivered to my stateroom

Getting a bit too extreme when locks are broken.

Did you explain this to the GS desk?

Edited by BasicSailor

1 hour ago, BasicSailor said:

Getting a bit too extreme when locks are broken.

Did you explain this to the GS desk?

No, I didn’t.

I was pretty upset when it happened.  It was about three or four years ago, and my first cruise on Carnival. I used a TSA-approved lock thinking that the ship security would have tools to unlock it. I have since learned that Carnival does not allow luggage to be locked. I believe I read that later on their website.

Guest BasicSailor
4 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

No, I didn’t.

I was pretty upset when it happened.  It was about three or four years ago, and my first cruise on Carnival. I used a TSA-approved lock thinking that the ship security would have tools to unlock it. I have since learned that Carnival does not allow luggage to be locked. I believe I read that later on their website.

I have always locked ours, too many times a porter could reach in there and snatch anything. Sorry, this happened to you.

No, I didn’t.

Carnival used to tell you to lock it until they decided to crack down in booze snuggling. But they don't forbid it.

TSA has nothing to do with the screening or other port security. Carnival should have reimbursed you for any damage up to their liability limit.

• Like 1