Anyone sailed Middle East during Ramadan?

geopuzzle

My family is scheduled on the Virtuosa March 23-30, 2024 out of Dubai, visiting Abu Dhabi (UAE), Doha (Qatar), Damman (Saudi Arabia) and Sir Bani Yas (UAE).  That falls during the middle of Ramadan.  We have never been to that part of the world before and have some questions:

1) Will everything be open when we're in port in the various places?  Excursions and the usual places tourists go?

2) Will we be able to eat at restaurants in port?  If not for ourselves, then our children?

3) What will the dress of most guests be on the ship at the pools?  I know that MSC attracts a lot of local customers, so I'm wondering if bathing suits, swimming protocols would be any different than a cruise sailing eg the Mediterranean or Caribbean?

We've sailed during Ramadan. The tourist restaurants were all open in port but you're requested to be very respectful in terms on not eating and drinking in public, outside of those restaurants. Excursions etc were unaffected. 

Absolutely no difference in protocol on the ship. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 6:51 AM, geopuzzle said:

My family is scheduled on the Virtuosa March 23-30, 2024 out of Dubai, visiting Abu Dhabi (UAE), Doha (Qatar), Damman (Saudi Arabia) and Sir Bani Yas (UAE).  That falls during the middle of Ramadan.  We have never been to that part of the world before and have some questions:

1) Will everything be open when we're in port in the various places?  Excursions and the usual places tourists go?

2) Will we be able to eat at restaurants in port?  If not for ourselves, then our children?

3) What will the dress of most guests be on the ship at the pools?  I know that MSC attracts a lot of local customers, so I'm wondering if bathing suits, swimming protocols would be any different than a cruise sailing eg the Mediterranean or Caribbean?

To answer question #3). Just recently got off World Europa sailing the same itinerary and the customers were mainly Russians and Italians. The attire around the pool was extremely skimpy that included the beach day at Sir Bani Yas. Just pay attention to your tours when you go ashore. The daily will give you guidance and if you booked a shore excursion through MSC, it should also give you the suggested dress code, especially if you are visiting a mosque. (Arms,legs,and head covered for women) The Mosque in Abu Dhabi is absolutely beautiful.  Enjoy your trip.

• Like 1