Shore Excursions choices

happytotravel

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed this?  I'm on the Sky's May 29 cruise.  I normally check the shorex choices on my laptop everyday since NCL is not putting all of the excursions on at once. The past week it showed 19.

This morning I checked with my smartphone with the NCL app and found 33 listed.  I booked one for Antigua.

I later went back and found there were only 22 choices showing.  Glad I booked when I did.

NOW when I look at the site on my laptop it shows only 19 while the app still shows 22.  I wonder why the differences between my laptop and the app?

Thanks, happytotravwl

Once you book a shore excursion for a port, the system blocks you from seeing any shore excursions for the same port that have a time conflict with the booked excursion. Likely that was why you saw the drop for Antigua.

Which is good in that it keeps people from overbooking (or I suspect booking more than one excursion in advance with the intention of canceling), but it does result that if a new excursion is added, you may not see it.

Hi,

But the question of why there are two different number of choices, 19 on the site on my laptop and 22 on the app on my smartphone at the same time is still open!  They should be showing the same numbers.

I do understand why conflicting excursions would be dropped.  That has always been so.

Thanks again for your responding, happytotravel