B2B cruises from Los Angeles...allowed? Each visits only Ensenada as "foreign port" requirement. Please advise.

GottaLuvCruising

We are currently holding the 6/1 Hawaii cruise on Emeral and shopping for flights.  It is to our benefit to stay on board or the follwing California coastal cruise as well (would make us Elite.)  Flights home 6/24 offer better options than 6/17.  But since each calls ONLY in Ensenada as the "foreign" port, would back-to-back be allowed?  

I know I can call Princess three times and get three different answers.  Does anyone here know for certain?  

FYI - I see these fares below.  Hubby does not.  I may put cruise #2 on hold to see if I get a warning of some sort....

wouimage.thumb.png.813d398765daddcadb4a1de8dc924535.pngurrently holding the June 1st Hawaii cruise on Emerald.  The following cruise is 

As long  as you disembark at the same US port that you embarked from you can stay on as many cruises as you want without violating pvsa. It is only when you board at one US port and end at a different us port that pvsa comes into play.

Excellent detective work.  My handy three-step test for PVSA compliance starts with:

1) Does the PVSA apply because the chain of voyages both starts and ends in a U.S. port?

You answered Yes, so we go on to Question 2

2) Are the start and end ports of the chain of voyages different US ports?

You answered No, and that makes the chain of voyages de facto compliant.  For those new to this, the government has determined that passengers who start and end at the same port aren’t actually being transported, no matter where they go in the meantime.

Enjoy your cruises!

• Like 1