How many toddler on HAL Alaska?

babytraveler

We cruised last year with princess and there were only 5 children in the pelican group (I think this went up to 7yrs)-- but none of the 5 children were over 5yrs-- the 2 older kids were moved to the next group due to the next group having 8 year olds-- . It was great not having alot of other kids-- the crew was wonderful-- they had time to spend with all of the children & were very personal with the kids. Lots of activities planned throughout the day. Fewer children also gave the kids more of an opportunity to see familiar faces daily.

Tamsocal what time of year did you cruise??? When you say "the 2 older kids were moved to the next group due to the next group having 8 year olds-- " how old were the 2 older ones??? (we are going early Sept with a then 6&8yr olds) totally understand there won't be many kids just curious:)

we cruised late May last year. This year we will be going in August. The princess staff told us last year that the #'s increse a little during the summer-- but are still very low during all months in alaska. The 2 older kids were I think 6 & 7. One of them happened to have an older sibling in the next group up and the next group up did not have alot of older kids-- mostly 8 year old-- so the move definitely was to the benefit of the 2 children. Some of the times they combined both groups since they were so small-- which I think made it more fun for the kids (example-- the naturalist presentation-- totally appropriate to combine the 2 groups for this kid friendly for all ages presentation; ice cream social, etc). I am not very skilled at the cruise critic board yet-- or I would provide the link-- but I added a thread w/ more details about our toddler travels on a post ~ Feb 19-- "Alaska with a 4 & 5 year old"

Archived