Zuiderdam Thermal Spa- eucalyptus smell?

AllTheSun

Does anyone know if they have a eucalyptus scent in the hydrotherapy pool or ceramic chair area in the thermal spa on Zuiderdam?

Looking at gifting my mom a thermal spa pass for a New England cruise but she has an allergy to eucalyptus (not super serious, just headache like so someone coming from the eucalyptus steam room isn’t going to set her off).

I've never noticed that in any of HAL's spas. There often is a little "aromatherapy" device sending out steam, either near the check-in desk or in the hallway, but it didn't have any aroma that I detected. On one of the ships, the device was a round brown thing with steam coming out the top. It looked like an ACME bomb from a Roadrunner cartoon!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AllTheSun said:

Does anyone know if they have a eucalyptus scent in the hydrotherapy pool or ceramic chair area in the thermal spa on Zuiderdam?

Looking at gifting my mom a thermal spa pass for a New England cruise but she has an allergy to eucalyptus (not super serious, just headache like so someone coming from the eucalyptus steam room isn’t going to set her off).

The spa uses Elemis products, which are high-end, and that is also what is used in the cabins for shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.  One of the ingredients of Elemis is eucalyptus. Therefore, that scent can be all over the ship.  If this is truly an allergy issue, you might want to mention this to her.  Google the Elemis company for information on their ingredients.

28 minutes ago, jljcruise said:

The spa uses Elemis products, which are high-end, and that is also what is used in the cabins for shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.  One of the ingredients of Elemis is eucalyptus. Therefore, that scent can be all over the ship.  If this is truly an allergy issue, you might want to mention this to her.  Google the Elemis company for information on their ingredients.

Oh wow. I’m definitely going to let her know. Thanks!

I have a sensitivity to eucalyptus and can say that I’ve never smelled it, nor had a reaction to, any of the current Elemis products provided in the stateroom.  When I googled ingredients I don’t see eucalyptus listed…. Just botanicals and a required chemistry degree to pronounce the rest.  They used to have an “invigorating” product in the staterooms but that’s been gone for a few years now.  Perhaps due to eucalyptus being a common trigger?  For example, here is what’s in their current body lotion:

3AB48649-8568-4666-9538-C994AB1A7974.jpeg.9006d7d07f4bb1b96f9673e1e71c7efe.jpeg

Having said that… I bring my own products because I find Elemis scents too strong.  Not to mention they suck the moisture out my hair.

On 4/3/2023 at 5:36 AM, *Miss G* said:

I have a sensitivity to eucalyptus and can say that I’ve never smelled it, nor had a reaction to, any of the current Elemis products provided in the stateroom.  When I googled ingredients I don’t see eucalyptus listed…. Just botanicals and a required chemistry degree to pronounce the rest.  They used to have an “invigorating” product in the staterooms but that’s been gone for a few years now.  Perhaps due to eucalyptus being a common trigger?  For example, here is what’s in their current body lotion:

3AB48649-8568-4666-9538-C994AB1A7974.jpeg.9006d7d07f4bb1b96f9673e1e71c7efe.jpeg

Having said that… I bring my own products because I find Elemis scents too strong.  Not to mention they suck the moisture out my hair.

So I asked my Mom and she has some Elemis stuff she loves because it has no eucalyptus! Said some of their stuff does and some doesn't. She always travels with her stuff too, best to be on the safe side.