Ocean cruise terminal

Anjos

6 hours ago, Anjos said:

Does anyone know how to book the Triangle car park at the Ocean cruise terminal? 

Southampton's  Triangle carpark is operated by BCP, and you can book at https://www.parkbcp.co.uk/southampton/triangle-parking.html

It's also used for other cruise terminals and a transfer is included, but unnecessary for Ocean Cruise Terminal

CPS also offer parking for Ocean Cruise Terminal (not sure if its part of the same carpark) - you offload your luggage at the terminal & hand your car key to them to valet park. Same procedure on return.

JB 🙂

On 4/3/2023 at 11:25 AM, John Bull said:

Southampton's  Triangle carpark is operated by BCP, and you can book at 

It's also used for other cruise terminals and a transfer is included, but unnecessary for Ocean Cruise Terminal

CPS also offer parking for Ocean Cruise Terminal (not sure if its part of the same carpark) - you offload your luggage at the terminal & hand your car key to them to valet park. Same procedure on return.

JB 🙂

Thanks for your response JB but that link just takes me to the Portside meet and greet option, as do all the others offerning Trianglle - but as Cunard will not confirm that the ship will return to that dock guess we will have to use one of the valet parking options. Again thanks for replying

17 minutes ago, Anjos said:

Thanks for your response JB but that link just takes me to the Portside meet and greet option, as do all the others offerning Trianglle - but as Cunard will not confirm that the ship will return to that dock guess we will have to use one of the valet parking options. Again thanks for replying

Hmmm - no, it's not "meet & greet".🤔

You might be confused by the fact that it includes taxi transfers for other cruise terminals, but it's hard by Ocean Terminal so no need for a transfer (tho' you might want to drop your checked cases at the terminal first)

Only you will drive the car - ANPR recognises your car when you arrive & opens the barrier, you drive in, find a space & park, lock it & take your keys with you. Same as self-parking at airports.

After your cruise you return to your car & drive away, again ANPR opens the barrier.

JB 🙂.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we were told CPS is the only company who can actually drive into the terminal. All others have to drive elsewhere, then you may have to take a bus in. I don't know, we were given "complimentary car parking" the price jumped by about £70.00 in a few minutes, we were going to opt out, but decided to take up Cunard's offer. Hope you get sorted and have a great cruise.

1 hour ago, Lady of the Nile said:

Hi we were told CPS is the only company who can actually drive into the terminal. All others have to drive elsewhere, then you may have to take a bus in. I don't know, we were given "complimentary car parking" the price jumped by about £70.00 in a few minutes, we were going to opt out, but decided to take up Cunard's offer. Hope you get sorted and have a great cruise.

No restrictions on anyone driving to the terminal, tho I don't think that's what you meant.

The CPS carpark (yes, only for those who book with CPS) is adjacent the terminal.

The Triangle car park is adjacent the CPS carpark, operated by a separate outfit. Folk walk from there past the CPS park to the terminal, a shuttle is provided for those cruising from other terminals

JB 🙂

Hello again, Sorry to be a pain, understand about parking at Triangle at Ocean Terminal, although when you look at the web-site it still says 'park & ride' but very happy to take your word that if we are leaving from the Ocean Terminal we can just park and leave the care there. BUT if we return to a different terminal will it be up to us to get a taxi back or will the car park provide a shuttle? 

I've got no insider knowledge, but since a shuttle is included in the parking charge, I see no reason why they won't bring you back from another cruise terminal.

If the other terminal is somewhere like  Hong Kong's Kai Tak, I might be wrong 😏

JB 🙂

Hong Kong!!! now there's a thought. Might have a word with the Captain and worry about the car later🤣. Seriously though thanks for all your advice John Bull. 

Thanks also to Wowzz, but as I will have my car keys if I self park they will not be able to deliver the car to me. It is all very confusing, not helped that we have left it so late🙄

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Anjos said:

Hong Kong!!! now there's a thought. Might have a word with the Captain and worry about the car later🤣. Seriously though thanks for all your advice John Bull. 

Thanks also to Wowzz, but as I will have my car keys if I self park they will not be able to deliver the car to me. It is all very confusing, not helped that we have left it so late🙄

In the unlikely event of you returning to a different terminal, a taxi will be sent to collect you.

Have you actually looked up the schedule for your cruise ?

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

I think you may be over thinking the likely problem.

Hopefully for your next cruise you will have enough time to book with Parking4cruises,  so will not have any concerns ! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 5:21 PM, John Bull said:

No restrictions on anyone driving to the terminal, tho I don't think that's what you meant.

The CPS carpark (yes, only for those who book with CPS) is adjacent the terminal.

The Triangle car park is adjacent the CPS carpark, operated by a separate outfit. Folk walk from there past the CPS park to the terminal, a shuttle is provided for those cruising from other terminals

JB 🙂

Thanks John, for your help. We are both disabled, so decided that CPS was the best option, as my husband uses a mobility scooter and I am his carer, we have to sort things out asap.