Possible Viva itinerary changes 2024

KeithJenner

This may be nothing, but we are booked on a Viva cruise from Lisbon to Rome next April, and the name of the cruise both on our reservation and the booking page has just changed from “10 day Mediterranean from Lisbon to Rome” to just “10 day cruise”. The itinerary is currently unchanged.

NCL often mess around with stuff like this and it often leads to nothing, but it could be a sign of some upcoming itinerary changes.

• Like 1

I noticed something similar today on our Sept 13 2023 Viva cruise.  Like yours, I don't see any change in itineraries (or in port times) or pricing.

After making sure I still had a booked cruise on NCL.com, I figure it's just either a computer update or a computer glitch.

Edited by SpacemanSpiff

6 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

This may be nothing, but we are booked on a Viva cruise from Lisbon to Rome next April, and the name of the cruise both on our reservation and the booking page has just changed from “10 day Mediterranean from Lisbon to Rome” to just “10 day cruise”. The itinerary is currently unchanged.

NCL often mess around with stuff like this and it often leads to nothing, but it could be a sign of some upcoming itinerary changes.

We are on the cruise before you, the TA from San Juan to Lisbon.  It has not changed.  I tried to book your cruise and it showed up as a 10 day cruise from Lisbon to Rome.  However, when clicking through, it says that the itinerary is no longer available and to choose another cruise.  Charter maybe?

Edited by tsahall01

Yeah, a charter is possible.

I think that it is doing a few runs back and forth between Lisbon and Rome, so that shouldn’t be a major issue as long as we can get rebooked at an equivalent cost.

Will see what happens.

Just a followup on my earlier comment about our Sept12 2023 cruise -- when it wasn't showing as available (I had it saved to my favorites just so I could track prices), I went through the long way and got the same cruise, same specs, but the picture of Istanbul was replaced with a picture of open water.  That's why I'm leaning to the likelihood of just messing with the computers at their end.

• 1 month later...

My sister and I are booked on the Lisbon/Rome cruise in April too! I'm so excited - this will be our second Mediterranean cruise, but our first one was Italy and Greece - which is a fabulous itinerary - I actually want to go on it again.