Connecting Room Question on New Symphony

22cruise22

We are considering a family cruise on the new refurbished Symphony in 2024 and would like to get connecting rooms. In looking at the deck plans in the double guest room category there appears to be only two rooms that connect in that category (5015 to 5017 - double guest room with window) and no connecting double guest rooms with veranda. We realize that there are more expensive suites that connect but wanted to keep the cost down since there 6 of us and we would be booking 3 rooms (one separate and hopefully two connecting).

Two Questions:

1) Does anyone know if the current deck plans are up to date showing connecting rooms ?

2) Also I remember that on the old Symphony that on double rooms with verandas that it might be possible to connect 2 rooms through the an outside veranda door in the partition that separates the 2 verandas. Does anyone know if this is still the case ?

I tried calling Crystal but no one seemed to be sure of the information. Does anyone have a reliable contact that they could ask ?

Thanks

11 hours ago, 22cruise22 said:

We are considering a family cruise on the new refurbished Symphony in 2024 and would like to get connecting rooms. In looking at the deck plans in the double guest room category there appears to be only two rooms that connect in that category (5015 to 5017 - double guest room with window) and no connecting double guest rooms with veranda. We realize that there are more expensive suites that connect but wanted to keep the cost down since there 6 of us and we would be booking 3 rooms (one separate and hopefully two connecting).

Two Questions:

1) Does anyone know if the current deck plans are up to date showing connecting rooms ?

2) Also I remember that on the old Symphony that on double rooms with verandas that it might be possible to connect 2 rooms through the an outside veranda door in the partition that separates the 2 verandas. Does anyone know if this is still the case ?

I tried calling Crystal but no one seemed to be sure of the information. Does anyone have a reliable contact that they could ask ?

Thanks

Yes I believe the current plan is correct.

I saw this because I looked at taking the family on a cruise (Serenity) and my TA said connecting rooms are limited and explained where they were and that is consistent with the diagram.  And with limited connector rooms they were all booked for the cruise we were considering.

If you have a TA I would have them contact Crystal for you but I am pretty certain the deck plan is correct.

As to the verandahs even on the former ships as best I remember the decision on this varied by ship and/or Captain (I could be wrong but that is what I remember.)  Regardless even if you could keep the connectors there could be situations where they will be closed due to weather conditions.  And you would need to keep the sliders closed.  I can't speak to any new partitions nor the policy.

Keith