Azura Riviera deck

teddytubby

4 minutes ago, teddytubby said:

Looking to book a suite for a special birthday in the Canary Islands, March 2024. The suites appear to be below the swimming pool deck. Just worried about noise from dragging sunbeds.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Friends of ours booked a Suite in that location on their first P&O cruise. They were woken very early every morning by the crew dragging the deckchairs around in order to wash the decks down. It completely put them off booking another suite! You are far better off with an aft Suite on C deck (first choice) or D deck (2nd choice) IMHO. Avoid the E deck ones as they are directly above the show lounge and you will get noise until late at night.

We have had aft suites on Ventura and Azura and have listened to R Deck suite occupants at breakfast discussing noise from above and the somewhat sheltered balcony, can't fault the rear suites but if you choose E deck be wary of the nightclub noise from below on the port side, we have had starboard as a last minute only choice and that was fine. A friend had a port side suite on E and got quite a large refund after moaning at reception.

48 minutes ago, teddytubby said:

Thank-you for your advice.  Looks like a rethink. My DW suffers a little from sea sickness so always try to book midship.

Probably go for deluxe balcony on a lower deck.  

There’s very little movement in aft cabins, other than some slight vibration at times. Personally, I find the movement in rough weather to be fairly similar anywhere on the ship, including midships. To minimise the sensation you need to go very low down in the ship, where there are no balconies! If it’s a special cruise and you can afford it, I wouldn’t let worries about sea sickness put you off an aft suite.  

Hi 

We've never stayed in an aft suite before so it's good to hear from someone who has been in both areas. I didn't realise there were aft suites without a balcony.

I will check availability with my TA in the next few days. 

1 hour ago, teddytubby said:

Hi 

We've never stayed in an aft suite before so it's good to hear from someone who has been in both areas. I didn't realise there were aft suites without a balcony.

I will check availability with my TA in the next few days. 

There are no suites without balconies. I was meaning that the only area of a ship where there is a noticeable difference in poor weather is very low down midships. Any cabins down there are outside ones without balconies (or insides). I once did a walk all around Britannia in very rough seas and in all honesty the difference between foreword, midships and aft was negligible on the main balcony decks when it came to movement. My point being that if you fancy a suite, the aft ones are better than the midships ones and you won’t get any noticeable difference in movement.