Harmony of the Seas Review - 4/1 - 4/8 - Good Cruise

PACrew

20 hours ago, NeedsVitaminSea said:

Thanks for the review! We are heading out on Harmony next month. I’m disappointed to hear about Chops. We booked Unlimited Dining but I wonder if it is worth it?  Did you try Jaime’s or Izumi?

We went to Izumi for lunch and it was delicious!!  The lunch portions are exactly the same as the dinner portions (I asked our waiter and he did confirm they were) for about $20 less per person.  We were so full, but it was so good.   All of the cooks we watched we super entertaining!

• Thanks 1

So I have to say I was really disappointed in the Main dining room food temperature.   Not one meal came out piping hot. Everything was sort of a warm at best.  I have never had an experience like that but it appears that all the food came from another floor to our dining floor??  

12 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Shopping there was the start of our inside joke " Need a watch?

Really was. Shopping was terrible. I don’t know who would buy a Hublot watch on a cruise. I don’t understand the retail strategy. A store selling stuffed animals, candy and ice cream would kill on that ship. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 10:11 AM, CFIGuy said:

Also agree that I dislike the 1x daily housekeeping. I agree with you, I’d be fine with fresh towels and trash emptying for the 2nd service. We did request double towels, and this request seemed to be fulfilled some days and others not.

So servicing cabin, unless you’re in a suite,  cut back to once a day but ‘gratuities’  increased… I seriously think I’m going to guest service to stop the daily charge. Royal should just pay their staff, increase the base fare if necessary, and then let gratuities truly be given to those staff who deserve it.  We’re currently on Quantum and I refuse to pay higher gratuities for less service. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PACrew said:

Really was. Shopping was terrible. I don’t know who would buy a Hublot watch on a cruise. I don’t understand the retail strategy. A store selling stuffed animals, candy and ice cream would kill on that ship. 

Never understood the need to buy a watch, any watch, on a cruise ship, or port shops.  Don't think the price is all that different.  Maybe in high tax states you saved some $.  But really why buy a watch, or jewelry, from a store that you can't easily get back to for service or questions or returns?

9 hours ago, PACrew said:

I agree, I wanted to buy something for the grands from the ship and there was absolutely nothing.  Years ago I got my GD a cute little rolling mermaid backpack & there were at least a few kid related items.  Now there’s nothing.  Amazes me that they’d miss this marketing opportunity.

2 minutes ago, poocher said:

I agree, I wanted to buy something for the grands from the ship and there was absolutely nothing.  Years ago I got my GD a cute little rolling mermaid backpack & there were at least a few kid related items.  Now there’s nothing.  Amazes me that they’d miss this marketing opportunity.

There must be a reason. I assume hublot and the finer retailers lease the space. I don’t know though. I just think it’s a lost revenue opportunity, especially with all the kids. 

• Like 1