Extraordinary Savings Sale

Flatbush Flyer

Coke zero is my preferred soft drink but I can and do drink diet coke when it is not available which is most of the time eating out in Dallas. 

In January on the Riviera I asked for coke zero in our fridge and had a plentiful supply.  However coke zero was not readily available in any of the venues throughout the week.  Once or twice they found me one but I ended up drinking water most of the time, which is of course better for me anyway.

The ESS has worked for me, as post pandemic I was keen to return to cruising and had been looking at a Windstar cruise, and a cruise out of Liverpool with another line.  When the sale brochure landed and I saw the reductions we opted to book a 5th cruise with Oceania.  I know the product and enjoy the port intensive cruises they provide.  I'll be interested to see what, if any changes have been made.  

We've cruised on the R ships and on Riviera, but this will be our first time on Marina.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 8:12 AM, MEFIowa said:

And just to be fair to you, the funny thing is my wife and I are NOT "cruisers". I HATE sea days. I cruise to go to ports and do excursions. Our next cruise, a B2B, scheduled for 18 ports and only 2 sea days. My kind of cruise. We're off the ship as soon as we can and I'm ONLY back on the absolute last minute I can. They bring the gangplank back up when I board!

Our 1st cruise was W. Caribbean 12/2021. Never go back. Then one was E. Caribbean 11/2022. Never go back. We have both the E. & W. Med as our B2B (from Istanbul all the way to Barcelona, geographically speaking). One and done for us. Then the Baltic in late 2024, booked the day it opened in 2022 and later did cabin-upgrade sale. Still watching that one, but it is NOT on this sale (I asked the O rep). But another one and done. (No interest in a cruise for places like England, France, Holland, Portugal, or Spain

I did my own 2022 major magical history tour of Paraguay. Two entire weeks there and we (my tour operator with dedicated guide on guided days) drove over 2000 KM and saw so much of that nation!). Paraguayans can't believe what all I saw and did. From deep in the Chaco Desert to the swamps of Neembucu and the yerba fields near Encarnacion.

AFTER the Baltic, I only want to do:

1. Madagascar, Mozambique, Tanzania, and parts of the Indian Ocean. But that isn't really done by cruising, at least not what ALL I want to see and do in Madagascar alone!

2. And then the other one is Guyana, Suriname and Fr. Guiana.

No cruising for either. I'm VERY particular about what I want to see and do.

So I expect we may be DONE with cruising come 9/2024. After 5 cruises.

I would check out Overseas Adventure Travel they don’t advertise much and they don’t pay travel agents. But their land Tours aespecially to more Third World countries are unbeatable.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2023 at 11:08 AM, See_More said:

I forgot to mention that we had already fully paid for the cruise that is why the upgrade was the best option. Had you gone past the final payment date or did you just pay in advance? We didn’t have any luck with Oceana even though they offered a better deal about five days after we booked we were past the final payment date.

On 4/25/2023 at 11:13 AM, Doubt It said:

OK, check this out.

I have a cruise booked in August, paid in full. Have booked the shore excursions and paid additional $ for the extra excursions over the 8 "free".

Here is what my TA was given by Oceania:

Do we want a non-refundable shipboard credit applied to the reservation for $5,940 total

Or

I can ask for a non-refundable future cruise credit, they’ll have 1 yr to book, 1 yr to sail. Same amount $5,940 total.

Good God, I can not use $5,940 of anything on the current cruise - we do not drink much, do not do spa nor buy stuff, only the gratuities. 

Put I have a cruise booked in February, deposit down. Could I use the future cruise credit to pay down the total costs of this upcoming cruise?

We have to pay in Cdn $, so anything is helpful.

Would appreciate your analysis of best value to me.

Kindest Regards From A Newbie!

Happened to a friend of mine on a cruise in Asia. You can use it at the jewelry shops onboard.

• Like 1