Glory Cabins 2462 or 2465 does anyone have any pics?

gmldolphin

We are going on the Carnival Glory on June 10th and we are booked in cabin 2462 and our friends are in 2465 and we're wondering if anyone has any pictures of either of these cabins so we have an idea of what it looks like. Our Carnival PVP said that it is suppose to be bigger than the other cabins in that catagory and that it has 2 picture windows and two beds that can be made into a king size bed and we were wanting to make sure that is true. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.

Gail

I recently was in 2462 on the Conquest. Huge cabin, two windows, but only one bed on the floor -- the other dropped out of the ceiling.

These pictures might be of your room, my PVP sent them to me before my cruise. In my cabin on the conquest, the counter/TV/drawer space was where the headboard of the bed was in these pictures.

http://www.suzilem.com/conquest/cabinbed.jpg

http://www.suzilem.com/conquest/cabinwindows.jpg

I have 2465 on the Liberty (same class)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/548278080/2752283290062547426mvydeS

i would ask about vibrations.

If you go to the top and while on the main carnival board- click on the search feature and type in the cabin number. THere were reviews not too long ago.

Thanks to both of you who sent the pictures. I am still trying to find someone who was in 2462 or 2465 on the Glory that may have some pictures that they could share with me. I am just trying to figure out what the room looke like before we get on the ship so we are sure that there is no twin bed with one the comes out of the ceiling like it is on the Conquest.

Gail

Ok is there anyone out there that can help me? I would just like to see a picture of either 2462 or 2465 on the Glory. I just want to make sure that these rooms don't have bunk beds in them like the other 1A cabins do. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Gail

Ok is there anyone out there that can help me? I would just like to see a picture of either 2462 or 2465 on the Glory. I just want to make sure that these rooms don't have bunk beds in them like the other 1A cabins do. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Gail

We had both of those cabins in December on the Glory. They both had bunk beds. But they are wonderfully large and bright. Some people will tell you differently because the sister ships vary, but I had those exact rooms and can tell you they were bunks. The upper bed disappears into the ceiling if you don't need it. I love these rooms.

I wish I had taken photos.

Ship has been dry-docked since then.

Thanks Kpstill, I sure hope that they have changed the room when it was in drydock. My Carnival PVP assured me that he spoke with the Glorys Purser and also the Head Housekeeper on the ship and the room has 2 beds that pushed together makes a king size bed. Is there anyone that has been in cabin 2462 or 2465 since it is out of drydock that could help me with a picture of the room, or at least let me know about the beds situation? This has really got me worried because I don't want to have to sleep in bunk beds since I am cruising with my husband. Please help me!!!!!!!

Gail

Thanks Kpstill, I sure hope that they have changed the room when it was in drydock. My Carnival PVP assured me that he spoke with the Glorys Purser and also the Head Housekeeper on the ship and the room has 2 beds that pushed together makes a king size bed. Is there anyone that has been in cabin 2462 or 2465 since it is out of drydock that could help me with a picture of the room, or at least let me know about the beds situation? This has really got me worried because I don't want to have to sleep in bunk beds since I am cruising with my husband. Please help me!!!!!!!

Gail

My husband and I booked both these rooms in December and each took one child. Worked out great. These rooms are so excellent I would do it even if it was just us. They are bright and huge.

From what I understand there will be bed(s) that come out of the ceiling. But there are also 2 regular beds that will be pushed together on the ground to make a King. You do not have to take down the bunks if you are not using them. So they will be out of the way.

I had the beds pushed together and there was plenty of room! Didnt even notice the my DBF was in bed most of the time! :D

As long as you did not book a 1A category you will not be "bunking".

Hope that explains a bit better!

Erin

Sorry about that...this is what I meant:

If you have booked an oceanview then it will not be a 1A. 1A is the lowest cabin available and will state "upper/lower" beds.

Ocean view cabincategories are: OV(guaranteed), 6A, 6B, 5E. Some will have bunks that come out of the ceiling but there are normal beds. These are usually for cabins with more than 2 people.

Inside cabins categories are: 1A(upper/lower), IS(guaranteed), 4A, 4B, 4C, etc.

Try this link for pictures: www.cruisedeckplans.com

We originally wanted an inside cabin on the Riviera Deck and our Carnival PVP recommended these 2 cabins for my husband and I and the other couple that are going with us. He said that they use to be regarded as a higher classified cabin but just recently they changed them to the same as an inside cabin. He claims that it is over 200 sq. ft. and that it has 2 large windows in it. He promised me that is has 2 twin beds that convert to a king size bed and not bunk beds. The couple that are cruising with us are in there 70's and can't get in and out of bunk beds. I'm not sure that I could either on the upper bunk. I just hate not knowing what to expect when you get on the ship. This is the first time not knowing what the room is going to be like and I don't really like it at all. I was just hoping that someone had a picture of the room and could share it with me. Oh well maybe I will luck out before the cruise and someone will read this post and have one. Thanks to everyone that tried to help me.

Gail

From what I understand there will be bed(s) that come out of the ceiling. But there are also 2 regular beds that will be pushed together on the ground to make a King. You do not have to take down the bunks if you are not using them. So they will be out of the way.

I had the beds pushed together and there was plenty of room! Didnt even notice the my DBF was in bed most of the time! :D

As long as you did not book a 1A category you will not be "bunking".

Hope that explains a bit better!Erin

Erin--Im sorry but you are confusing the matter-- these 2 cabins ARE 1as

they are bigger then a regular 4A. when booked as 1As these cabins are usually booked as set cabins. they are a huge cabin. have two huge windows and plenty of space. But on some ships these cabins are two beds on the floor OR one bed on the floor and one bed out of the wall.

Also- for future references-- some cabins have beds that can not be configured into a king bed.. and not all cabins sleep 4 people.

• 1 year later...

I know there has been some confusion on this (and other) threads concerning the comparision of these two special 1A cabins on Conquest class ships. Some have two beds on the floor, and others have one bed on the floor with a ceiling pull-down bunk. Both cabins on Carnival Glory have the 1 Floor/1 ceiling configuration, as of September 2007.

Here are some shots taken last month of cabin 2465 on Carnival Glory. I hope it helps for those who did the search to get to this thread.

GL2465d.JPG

GL2465b.JPG

GL2465f.JPG

GL2465e.JPG

As of now the GLory is the only ship that has this configuration.

The new Splendor-- this cabin will be a 6B so that ship will have 2 beds on the floor.

Liberty, Conquest and Valor have the two beds.

Thanks for the photos Don. I think the cabin is awesome-even if it olny has one bed - for the price "HE" can have the other bed.

I see the cabin also does not have a sofa. Where does the bed pull down from? in your photo above the bed there is a picture hanging there.

Archived