Storing luggage in Anchorage

Svet

Double check on that luggage service at ANC.  They are NOT open at the present but likely once tourists start arriving.  I am not aware of anyplace else other than the hotels, but it doesn't sound like you are staying in a hotel prior to your flight.  

• Like 1

I thought the Egan Convention/Hospitality Center would hold luggage for most cruisers (I know they did Princess, I assume others) until 6 pm. This was awhile ago (before COVID - haven't kept track since then). Not sure what line you are going on.

You can also rent a car and keep your luggage in the car.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, erienetuser said:
2 hours ago, Coral said:

I thought the Egan Convention/Hospitality Center would hold luggage for most cruisers (I know they did Princess, I assume others) until 6 pm. This was awhile ago (before COVID - haven't kept track since then). Not sure what line you are going on.

You can also rent a car and keep your luggage in the car.

On 10/17/2022 at 6:59 PM, Mike45LC said:

It was several years ago, but the Princess shuttle dropped us off (at our election) at a “Hospitality Center,” where we could leave our carry-on bags; this was in the Egan Convention Center in downtown Anchorage.  There was a large room with chairs and tables.  Clean restrooms.  Lots of people to answer questions.  

We had a few hours to kill in Anchorage, and at the recommendation of one of the hospitality people, we ate at Glacier Brewhouse, just two blocks up from the Convention Center.  We wandered around, and then back to Hospitality Center for the shuttle to the airport.  

Kudos to Princess: Hospitality Center has carry-on baggage check!! So we can dump it all there to wander around.  Free downtown shuttles, free shuttle to Ulla Factory, ...  In the meantime, our checked baggage waws dropped off at the airport, and we were later shuttled to the airport.  All as part of the same cost shuttle from Whittier!

Thank you for your replies.

The Princess transfer can drop us at the hospitality centre, but according to their customer service - they don't  have anything to do with the centre . I know it was different a few years back - they stored a luggage, provided a shuttle to the airport. Wondering how it works now, will try to call the hospitality centre.

23 minutes ago, Svet said:

Thank you for your replies.

The Princess transfer can drop us at the hospitality centre, but according to their customer service - they don't  have anything to do with the centre . I know it was different a few years back - they stored a luggage, provided a shuttle to the airport. Wondering how it works now, will try to call the hospitality centre.

Princess has a lot of new agents who are not familiar with Alaska and operations. Not sure when your cruise is but if you ask in a few weeks, there will be people who can probably answer. Yes - it maybe worthy to call Egan Center.

• Like 1