Live from the NCL Breakaway May 6-16, 2023 – Spring in Italy, Greece, Malta and France Roundtrip from Rome

FCA67DCB-20D3-4F97-BDD4-9EBC2C3AE853.thumb.jpeg.460a94aa2307548ed5c64717ea2126bc.jpegdug out my suitcase to start packing.  My little kitty wants to come along!

We are planning on travelling with carry on only.  Had my carry on taken away from me on a recent trip due to size as they are very strict on sizing so got this smaller one—packing will be a challenge!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Happycrafter123 said:

That’s awesome @loubeeewe’ll be able to compare different experiences!

how is your packing going?  When do you head to Rome?  We leave Saturday after next, just 13 more sleeps!

I haven’t even thought about packing yet haha, probably the week before we’ll put a suitcase together. I am also attempting to pack carry on only for a two week trip- we’ll see how it goes. We leave Toronto the Tuesday before and have 3 days in Rome before the cruise.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 2:11 AM, smillerholmes said:

I'm on a back to back.  November 2-12th and then November 12-26th.  I plan to start working on that one when I get back from my Panama Canal cruise in May.  It will be my first time on the Breakaway.

We will be on the first leg of your back-to-back.  Looking forward to following Happycrafter's trip.

• Like 2

Cannot wait to read your live trip Report!  I am on the September 13 Breakaway with similar itinerary as well!  This will be our first trip to Europe and first Norwegian Cruise!  We are Platinum Carnival guests and have also been on Disney Cruise Line.  Would love to follow your days in Rome prior as we are there four days pre cruise as well and staying at Hotel Navona.  Have a wonderful trip and thanks so much for sharing your experiences!

Marnie

• Like 2

I have a question about Santorini. Has anyone taken the high speed boat to Ammoundi Port where you take the bus up to Oia? I am getting g confused when they talk about the ports. Are these boats available right where the ship docks? Would love to hear your experience if you’ve gone.

On 4/15/2023 at 11:27 PM, Happycrafter123 said:

hear you about the the guides, on our last cruise it was really hit or miss, we are crossing fingers especially for the museum that will likely be boring without a good guide.  Hubby is not a big museum person and is never going to read plaques on the wall or next to a statue, but does like to listen to a guide talk about history and explain what we are looking at.

Olympia is an amazing excursion.  I guarantee you will both love the museum.  We were awe-struck seeing the excavated statues and other relics and ruins.  Just fascinating.  And, the outside area is just an interesting.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, smyemar said:

Cannot wait to read your live trip Report!  I am on the September 13 Breakaway with similar itinerary as well!  This will be our first trip to Europe and first Norwegian Cruise!  We are Platinum Carnival guests and have also been on Disney Cruise Line.  Would love to follow your days in Rome prior as we are there four days pre cruise as well and staying at Hotel Navona.  Have a wonderful trip and thanks so much for sharing your experiences!

Marnie

@smyemar I’ll be excited to share a bit about the pre-cruise days in Rome, we have some excursions booked with LivTours and The Tour Guy, and will be staying in a b&b near to where you have booked at Piazza Navona.

On 4/16/2023 at 1:23 AM, smillerholmes said:

Following...I am on a similar itinerary for Breakaway in November.

Following also...Never been to Europe so all new to us.  Little worried about getting to the port and finding a hotel night before.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, closecruiser said:

Following also...Never been to Europe so all new to us.  Little worried about getting to the port and finding a hotel night before.  

Good to prebook a hotel for the night before, you could maybe look up items on Expedia?  I am staying at a cute B&B near Piazza Navona, and will give more details after I get there so I can give it the thumbs up or down.  

To get to airport you can take the train I believe, or arrange a private car service or take a cab.  If you search the internet there are videos of how to take the train.

when are you going, @closecruiser ?

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 9:53 AM, tsahall01 said:

We have things booked for each port except for Naples.  We have already been to Pompeii.  I'm interested in Capri, but the tours there are very expensive.  Just might wing it, or have a "down" day as we will be running pretty much nonstop once the cruise starts.  I am looking forward to retuning to Malta--St John's Co-Cathedral is not to be missed!

You should have a look at Herculaneum. One of many on line sites. How to visit Herculaneum (and 3 huge reasons why you should) - Helen on her Holidays for Naples. We did Pompeii and wished that we did Herculaneum. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Happycrafter123 said:

Good to prebook a hotel for the night before, you could maybe look up items on Expedia?  I am staying at a cute B&B near Piazza Navona, and will give more details after I get there so I can give it the thumbs up or down.  

To get to airport you can take the train I believe, or arrange a private car service or take a cab.  If you search the internet there are videos of how to take the train.

November 2-12

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Happycrafter123 said:

We are doing NCL air and should we get the transfer from airport to terminal the day we fly in which will be Nov 1st.  Plan on getting a hotel for that night somewhere near the Port.

15 minutes ago, closecruiser said:

We are doing NCL air and should we get the transfer from airport to terminal the day we fly in which will be Nov 1st.  Plan on getting a hotel for that night somewhere near the Port.

Interesting I’m hoping one of the others following this post have ideas?  I haven’t used NCL air or transfers. 

we are flying in several days early and staying in the tourist area, and booked a private car service to get to airport with bobs limo.  It was 135 euros for the transport and expected to be an hour travel time.

We have low bids on Haven so unlikely to get any, but hope springs eternal so we check our NCL app about 20x per day to see if room # has changed — any of you do this?  Currently we have dinning package and vibe which we will cancel if we get the bid, to offset cost.  

Current plans, assuming no winning bid:

83B3E4BC-6056-4324-B97E-EF24FCF37065.jpeg

• Like 2