Ketchikan Cape Fox Lodge tram?

iamaqt2

Hi all 

Does anyone know if the Cape Fox Lodge funicular/tram is currently operating?  I saw an article from November that they had redone the tracks and were getting a new car delivered,  but haven't been able to find any additional info.

Thanks!!

Thank for posting.

I wonder if that tram will ever be operational again.  We were in Ketchikan twice in late September 2021 when limited cruises were allowed under the Alaska Touirism Recovery Act, and it was not running then.   We were in Ketchikan twice in 2022 and again it was not operating.  That year I asked two different locals about the situation and received two different answers.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

Thank for posting.

I wonder if that tram will ever be operational again.  We were in Ketchikan twice in late September 2021 when limited cruises were allowed under the Alaska Touirism Recovery Act, and it was not running then.   We were in Ketchikan twice in 2022 and again it was not operating.  That year I asked two different locals about the situation and received two different answers.  

It will be up and running as they've invested a lot of money to get it operational again.  They redid the tracks and purchased a new car from Italy.  This article from November explains it.  Was just hoping it would be done next month for my May cruise.  My bum knee doesn't allow for Married Man's Trail.

https://www.krbd.org/2022/11/18/new-cape-fox-tram-is-on-the-way-to-ketchikan/

Thanks for providing the link to the article you initially referenced.  One of the answers I received in 2022 made me wonder if the owners were willing to make the investment.

54 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

It will be up and running as they've invested a lot of money to get it operational again.  They redid the tracks and purchased a new car from Italy.  This article from November explains it.  Was just hoping it would be done next month for my May cruise.  My bum knee doesn't allow for Married Man's Trail.

https://www.krbd.org/2022/11/18/new-cape-fox-tram-is-on-the-way-to-ketchikan/

52 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Thanks for providing the link to the article you initially referenced.  One of the answers I received in 2022 made me wonder if the owners were willing to make the investment.

I get that.  I've been back twice since the restart and it hasn't been functional.  I was hoping this time it would be.  

• Like 1