Looking for Barcelona Food Tour with Flamenco experience

crewsgirl

We will have a night in Barcelona before our cruise and would like recommendations for a tour you have used to experience a walking food tour with or without a Flamenco experience. If you used a local guide, would love to hear your experience and recommendations. We are hoping for an evening tour. Thanks in Advance. 

On 4/23/2023 at 7:21 PM, crewsgirl said:

We will have a night in Barcelona before our cruise and would like recommendations for a tour you have used to experience a walking food tour with or without a Flamenco experience. If you used a local guide, would love to hear your experience and recommendations. We are hoping for an evening tour. Thanks in Advance. 

Hi,

While in Barcelona pre-cruise (2018) we did an evening tapas tour with Devour Tours and separately booked tickets for the Gran Gala Flamenco at the beautiful Palau de la Musica theatre. Both were really excellent and I'd happily do them again! I saw combined tapas/flamenco tours (at flamenco bars) on booking sites that are probably good but we wanted to go to the actual theatre - so we booked them separately.  We looked months in advance to be sure of availability - the theatre only runs the flamenco shows on certain days and is usually scheduled for 8/ 9pm. Well worth it 🙂 Hope you find a good one!

• Like 2

Thank you so much! Sounds lovely, and I am sure the Palau de la Musica was fabulous.  I ended up booking at the Tablao de Carmen for tapas and flamenco, after reading the Rick Steve's travel forum, and for the convenience of getting to one location. We are so excited, I hope it's a lovely evening. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/26/2023 at 2:57 PM, crewsgirl said:

Thank you so much! Sounds lovely, and I am sure the Palau de la Musica was fabulous.  I ended up booking at the Tablao de Carmen for tapas and flamenco, after reading the Rick Steve's travel forum, and for the convenience of getting to one location. We are so excited, I hope it's a lovely evening. 

How did you like Tablao de Carmen?  Would you recommend it? 

7 hours ago, taylortime05 said:

How did you like Tablao de Carmen?  Would you recommend it? 

Yes, it was a fun night. We met up with others going on the cruise and had a large table up front. Our first cultural experience in Barcelona, and yes, we would definitely do it again. I have no idea the food we ate, but they kept bringing different dishes to taste & share, and lots of sangria. I think we paid for the dinner menu, but I think we had the tapas menu, lol. At any rate, it was all fun and plentiful. The dancing was fun, and lively, and we enjoyed watching it. The neighborhood is worth getting there early and walking around, makes for great pics! I wish we had had more time there, it was beautiful. 

lo  flamencodancing.thumb.jpg.ff26ec542a934d453a2bfd2bc73bc404.jpgFacetune_09-06-2023-22-11-21.thumb.jpg.5193a2b8212799ca3ba3bff856e05556.jpgFacetune_09-06-2023-21-59-48.thumb.jpg.79b90a3b6c2a82e7da87066c892946db.jpg