The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 24th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

11 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Its the end of the day, work is done, dinner was cooked, I ordered my meal for the flight out to Seattle, where we change plans to fly to Vancouver.  I need to try packing to see if the small carry on suitcase will do it for me for 19 days of adventures in Alaska and Vancouver.  We got our boarding time, 1 pm, our friends who have a verandah got a boarding time of 10 a.m.  They think that they got early as their hotel is across the street.  Who knows.  But we will be having dinner at Tamarind the first night, and BFF made the reservations for 6 pm.  At the rate that I am not eating, a late lunch and an early dinner wont work.

The vet reminded us about Irvings last appointment.  He has a high white blood cell count, could be cancer, he was losing weight,  well, he has lost more weight.  He does drink water, but he is dehydrated.  He piddles a lot.  Way too much. We explained our concern about his care with the cat sitter.  And the cat sitter does not stay here.  She said that boarding was 35 a night, that he would be in a cage, not with someone or another cat.    DH said he could not afford that, and almost cried.  The vet said that they could probably work out a discount, and that they would watch him.  Then DH walked out before they were going to give Irving some fluids, and the vet asked me, what I really thought.  I told her Im watching  him every day, and he is just getting worse.  The only think he lives for his getting his snacks after we eat.  He does not play, he gets confused when he is given cat food, sits and stares at the door.  We know that he has health issues, he's 15 and a half.  We were told when we adopted him he would have problems as he was neutered too young.  And now  all of him has problems.  We decided not to do more for him, and we are having him euthanized on Friday.  We are both taking the day off.

But then I found out that my job has been cut from 20 hours a week to 12, my night job was cut from 18 to 12, and I really am ready to take that vacation.  So all in all, today was pretty bad.

Hugs to you and Chuck.  That is a difficult decision, but you are doing the right thing.  Irving knows he is loved.

• Like 6