IOS issues ?

memoak

On 4/25/2023 at 3:07 PM, Crystabel said:

I had a problem using Safari, so switched to Firefox and got right in. 

Safari on both iOS and Mac is a fine browser, but has some deficiencies compared to Firefox or Chrome.  Go into settings and allow cross-site tracking.  That is one of the biggest issues I see with Safari is that it's cross-site tracking controls are not very sophisticated.  Firefox, Chrome, et al., all handle cross site tracking much better as they intelligently determine if cross-site activity is legitimate, in that you are using a web site and you are asking for resources from that site which come from other sites or servers and is legitimate, or if the cross-site activity is less legitimate and should be prevented.  Safari uses a sledge hammer, if you have cross site tracking blocked in Safari, which is its default setting, then it blocks all cross-site activity no matter the legitimacy.  That does break some web sites on occasion.  So, that is why I encourage Safari users to go into Safari settings or preferences and allow cross-site tracking.  You'll be amazed as to how much it improves Safari's performance and reliability.  Apple really does need to model their cross-site tracking feature to be what Firefox and Chrome do and not fly on their own.