Skagway railroad tour

Kineticoh20

21 hours ago, wolfie11 said:

I will print out the roster and take it with me this summer and see what I can find.

It might be that the railroad employs some knowledgeable historians. But I would wary of relying on what might be said by on-board employees who are simply reading from a well-worn script.

Pardon the side-track, and the pun. I did the short excursion in late fall last year. I'm back in Skagway in less than three weeks, and am wondering if the seasonal difference makes a repeat trip worth it. There was very little snow in late September. I'm hoping there will be mountains of it late May. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, rbelshaw said:

Pardon the side-track, and the pun. I did the short excursion in late fall last year. I'm back in Skagway in less than three weeks, and am wondering if the seasonal difference makes a repeat trip worth it. There was very little snow in late September. I'm hoping there will be mountains of it late May. Any thoughts?

According to NCL passengers there last week, there’s so much snow the tracks were not yet cleared to the summit.

On 5/2/2023 at 2:24 PM, JohnChiang said:

Once in early May, when we were the first cruise ship of the season, the train went through snow that was piled higher than the height of the rail cars.

😳 Wow!

On 5/2/2023 at 2:24 PM, JohnChiang said:

Once in early May, when we were the first cruise ship of the season, the train went through snow that was piled higher than the height of the rail cars.

I would love to see the railroad's rotary snow plow in service, clearing the track.

• Like 2