How long are FCCs for isolation days taking at HAL?

I got Covid on our last HAL cruise, which ended March 25. I noticed the FCC's in my account  approximately 3 weeks later. They could have been there sooner, because I only checked our account around once a week. HAL did not email me or otherwise notify me. So it should be pretty soon for you, in another week or 2. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CafeBruno said:

I got Covid on our last HAL cruise, which ended March 25. I noticed the FCC's in my account  approximately 3 weeks later. They could have been there sooner, because I only checked our account around once a week. HAL did not email me or otherwise notify me. So it should be pretty soon for you, in another week or 2. 

Thank you!  Was it for all passengers in the cabin, or just the sick one? Also was all it applied to the sick one's Mariner profile?

Edited by Native Floridian 26

1 minute ago, CafeBruno said:

In our case, I tested positive, but my wife never did, so only I got the credits. They were posted to my account, not hers. 

Ok, thanks for the info.  Interesting Guest Services said it would be for both guests because of the disruption to both of our holidays lol.

Yeah, @eggemon, in some cases it takes HAL forever to issue the credits. When my wife and I got Covid on the land portion of our Alaska land & sea cruisetour in summer of 2022, it took several months to receive the FCC's, and 9 months to receive our cash reimbursement for our hotel, air, and other out of pocket cash costs. But when I got Covid in March 2023 on the ship, it took 3 weeks to get the FCC's. I am guessing it was so much faster now because I got sick on the ship and had no cash out of pocket expenses like I did in 2022. Much less complicated. 

• Like 1

We had Covid on our 18-day holiday cruise that ended on January 14.  We noticed that we received our FCC on or just before April 10.  I happened to be getting ready to book another cruise and there it was!  My husband received 5 days credit and I received 7 days - he tested negative sooner than I did.  We quarantined on the ship and had no out-of-pocket expenses or insurance claims, so it was pretty straightforward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oakridger said:

When does the Covid isolation FCC credit program end?  

~Nancy

The Worry-Free Promise program provides further peace of mind for guests with bookings made by March 31, 2023, and sailing on or before May 31, 2023. It is designed to assist guests who, as a result of testing positive for COVID-19 during their cruise, are required to isolate on board or disembark early due to the positive COVID-19 test.   

I'm not sure if this is still current.

• Thanks 1

I can answer my own question now.  I emailed Guest Relations today at HAL and they responded within a couple hours giving me the amount of the FCC issued and that it would show up in DH's Mariner Account within 24-48 hours.  Within an hour the amount was in his account.  They took the base fare only divided by 14 days times 4 days of isolation.  That's fair. The FCC has a book and sail by date of 5/1/2024.

So it only took 9 days after disembarkation.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I can answer my own question now.  I emailed Guest Relations today at HAL and they responded within a couple hours giving me the amount of the FCC issued and that it would show up in DH's Mariner Account within 24-48 hours.  Within an hour the amount was in his account.  They took the base fare only divided by 14 days times 4 days of isolation.  That's fair. The FCC has a book and sail by date of 5/1/2024.

So it only took 9 days after disembarkation.

They are getting faster.  For our cruise ending 12 Nov we received our FCC on 25 Feb, but only after HAL was poked and prodded by our TA.  It was calculated the same way as yours.

I don't know when the sale by date was because it was immediately applied to another cruise for which we had made a deposit but haven't made the final payment.

Edited by sciencewonk

On 5/1/2023 at 10:03 PM, liketraveling said:

Still have not received t for November Sailing that disembarked Dec 1, 2022.

Finally after emailing a third time yesterday the FCC appeared this morning.  It is good for sailing a year from today.

• Like 1

Only positive testers get the credits. We were on Oosterdam in Antarctica in January.  TA couldn’t do it so we had to call customer service (about three-minute wait).  She asked a few questions – ship, voyage number, reservation number, dates sick, etc.  She was able to locate the record after a few minutes and said we would get a confirmation email within 24 hours and that the credits should be posted within 72 hours.  TA checked after 36 hours and they were posted and she was able to apply them. 

• Like 1