Affordable restaurant recommendation (FLL)

peter1975

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in FLL that has good food and good prices for a group of 8?  (bonus would be a restaurant with a view of the ocean).

I've done my own research (on TripAdvisor and such), but all of the places I looked at were super expensive!   TIA!

Can you provide an example of what you consider to be a “good price?” From a Fort Lauderdale perspective, I would expect table service in a moderate restaurant east of Federal Highway/US1 to be at least $13.95 for an entree.

The Quarterdeck location on the Dania Beach pier is literally on the pier and is immediately on the beach, though is upstairs so your feet will not be in the sand. There are are only about 4 restaurants actually on the beach north of the cut to Port Everglades and south of Commercial Boulevard.

Quarterdeck is a local chain that has been around for 45 years or so. There are multiple locations in addition to Dania Beach- one just off 17th Street, and one on Las Olas, east of the Intercostal bridge.

I’ve known the owners forever- they served me my first legal drink.

Their menu is available at https://quarterdeckrestaurants.com/menu/.

Another location of note is 15th Street Fisheries Dockside (not Upstairs). Directly on the Intercoastal, The food is good, and you can by fish food and feed the tarpon after dinner and/or get on the Water Taxi. The walk from 17th street hotels is a bit long and fairly boring- 15th Street is a peninsula that is several blocks long and the Fisheries is at the end.

I’ve known the owners of 15th Street since birth-they live around the corner from my parents’ old house.

Many of my friends worked for either or both of the above. 

I’d gladly eat at either one any day.

Southport Raw Bar on Cordova Road in Fort Lauderdale is a cool place to eat in a casual setting.. They have fish tacos and various sandwiches which are really good. A nice place where many regulars hangout.