Driving Tour for Rental Car Day

tlund

Looking to rent a car to take our group of 6 around on Grand Cayman.  Anyone have a suggested driving tour for the day?  Tried to Google and only found 1 but looking for other suggestions.  TIA.

The car rental places will have maps available if you just want to follow someone else’s tour.

My personal recommendation is to figure out what attractions or types of things you want to see and then make a google map to DIY a tour.  

Or give some more details here so people can make better suggestions.  Are you looking for historical or cultural attractions?  Beach stops?  Touristy things?  Shopping?  Bar hopping?  Adults?  Kids?  Close to port or out of town?  Time available?

• 1 month later...

So, after having time to review, we would like to take a some time on the West End (turtle farm, Cemetery Beach, Hell) then head to the East End for all the interesting attractions there.  We are there 8-5, but with tendering when we get there and then back and obtaining and return the rental car, do you think we would be able to fit it all in in the time allotted.  I am a nervous cruiser when it comes to being back on time so I would want to be at the tenders by 4.

15 hours ago, tlund said:

So, after having time to review, we would like to take a some time on the West End (turtle farm, Cemetery Beach, Hell) then head to the East End for all the interesting attractions there.  We are there 8-5, but with tendering when we get there and then back and obtaining and return the rental car, do you think we would be able to fit it all in in the time allotted.  I am a nervous cruiser when it comes to being back on time so I would want to be at the tenders by 4.

Okay, so I assumed you’d be arriving at Royal Watler terminal and renting a car at the airport.  Wasn’t sure what the “interesting attractions” were at East End, but I added the caves in Old Man Bay to get you taking the full loop around the island.  I hit the maximum number of destinations for a google map, so you have to add the taxi time back to the port after dropping off the car at the airport, but you’ll know how long that will take based on how long it took you to get there and pick up the car in the morning.  You can change or redo the map to add in your preferred stops, etc.  

https://goo.gl/maps/xF35FUYL1FJciSX77

Without any traffic issues, tendering time or any time at all spent at the various stops, you are looking at about 2.5 hours of “drive time” to do what you suggest.  Say you get off the ship by 9am, which is the absolute earliest I’d suspect, and want to be back at the port in the tender line at 4pm at the latest, that gives you a maximum of 7 hours, minus the drive time, that’s 5.5 hours, minus an hour of car pickup and return paperwork time, leave an hour buffer time in case of delays or snags, now you’re at approx 3.5 hours time to split up between the various attractions.  So it’s doable, but will be a busy day.