Very last minute booking, what’s the smart way to get dining reservations in this scenario?

AdoraBelle

Looks like it’ll be a full sailing. Nothing available in app.  

I will have Rockstar status. (Not Mega.) If I want to have a dinner or two with friends onboard who are not rockstars, what is my first move onboard? Try the app? Rockstar agent? Food booking person/desk?

I usually don’t stress about this stuff but this will be my first full sailing and I don’t like eating late.

33 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

what is my first move onboard? Try the app? Rockstar agent? Food booking person/desk?

You'll be one of the first people on board, so first move is connect to the wifi (like on the entry ramp!).  make sure you're connected in the app - i've never actually done that, but someone in the pre-boarding lounge should be able to help.

a LOT of dining reservations open up as soon as you board, so jump on whatever you want to start.  you can eyeball the lineup for rough times before you board, but it'll probably change a bit once you're actually on.  you should be able to make a reservation with you + friends at that point.

you can always try to move things as the days go on, but good to have at least something to start.  i know you said you don't like eating late, but if you like eating really early, you can also try to get to whatever restaurant about 10-15 mins before they open (5pm if i recall correctly) and see if they can take you as a walk-in.

• Like 1

As above....and anything you can't get on the app, put your rockstar agent on.  A lot depends on how crowded the ship is,

I also totally agree with getting anything you can on the app now.  It is easier to change a reservation than to start from scratch at the restaurant in person if it comes to that.  They will do whatever they can to give you what you want.  We went in several times with "we are booked for 7, but can we get anything later?" and they always managed it. If you are linked with your friends, you can make reservations for all 3 of you at any time.  

• Like 1

I sail as a rockstar, and you will be invited to go straight into the Manor (when you first get onboard) where your Rock Star agent will be waiting for you. There should also be a dedicated dining host in the Manor as well to assist with dining reservations - that's the person to really flag down because all your Rock Star agent will do is take your requests and then go talk to that person. If you have any specific preferences on timing or dining rooms on a particular night then give that to them, but if not, just say you want to get a reservation at Wake, Pink Agave, etc. and they'll get you booked and it will show up in your app.
You may want to take Duel Realty into consideration one night and plan a dinner reservation accordingly. 
You will not have any problem getting into all the restaurants you want.

Edited by lisabucsfan1
update
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

make sure you're connected in the app

This is a great suggestion and will make eating with your friends easier... 
I'd do it ahead of time... go into the VV app and on the bottom go to the "messenger" tab. on that page you will see a red box for "Contacts" if you open that up, you'll see who you are already connected to and you'll see a big QR code. If you're next to the person you want to connect with then they can just scan your QR code and vice versa. But you can also text that QR code to your friend as well. 

once you are linked, then you can make the reservation pretty easily for all of you.

• Thanks 1