NCL Jewel to Alaska ~ are the pools heated?

Smitty7711

Im on the Jewel now, and yes, the pools are heated (dont what temp).  My husband put his hand in the pool, and was surprised how warm it was.  We haven't seen anyone swimming in the pools, but plenty of people using the hot tubs.

I believe that the heated water will be at or around 86 degrees F and it is sea (salt) water.

To fill and service those pools NCL is not going to use fresh water.

The hot spa tubs are at I believe 100 + degrees F.

On the in house TV there is a channel telling the water temps at these various places.

On a cool Alaskan night you can see the water vapor escaping.

I've told this story a few times on CC but worth retelling.

In 2016 we were on The Pearl out of Seattle.  It was myself, DW and the 6yo DD.  It was the last day of the cruise and DD wanted to go swimming on last time.  We had been swimming quite a few days on the cruise already.  We had been swimming a while when I told DD we only had a few min left and she asked if we could jump in the other pool one last time as there was no one in it.  We get out off the pool and jump right in the other one.  Well over night they change out the water and it had not heated up yet.  It was freezing and needless to say we climbed right out.  We jumped in the other pool to warm up.  We still laugh about it to this day.  

Next time we do Alaska if there is no one in a pool I'll be sure to check the temp 😂

• Haha 2