Be careful that the shore excursion you pick leaves from a port that is included on your cruise

Globalfish

Sounds obvious, right?  Well yesterday, when I was choosing my shore excursions for ACL’s Alaskan Explorer cruise beginning in July, one of the ones offered was:

• The Astoria Walking Exploration

View Full Detailspremium Excursion
  • Thursday
    Jul. 20, 2023
    9:30 AM to 11:30 AM
  • Price Per Person - $25

My cruise begins and ends in Juneau and does not go anywhere near Astoria.  That’s for the Columbia & Snake River cruise.  ACL, if you are reading this, please delete that excursion from your Alaskan Explorer cruise.

Edited by Globalfish

• Globalfish changed the title to Be careful that the shore excursion you pick leaves from a port that is included on your cruise
  • 3 weeks later...

Not just sure excursions. A few years ago went on a cruise departing Amelia Island. Researched where the port was and discovered a Hampton Inn hotel a block away from the pier. Booked a room at that hotel many months before the cruise. Fast forward I receive my cruise information package from ACL. In the little booklet they provide they recommended a Hampton Inn across the street from the pier. At first I assumed it was the same Hampton Inn. After looking at the address I realized that they were recommending a Hampton Inn on the opposite side of the island about 6 miles away. I did contact ACL and let them know of the error.