Can we make an 11am flight home from Vancouver?

Suzcruz57

12 minutes ago, martincath said:

Actually we are the most advanced airport on the continent;

I mean no disrespect, but I fly a lot and although the Vancouver airport is nice, it it's not very modern. None of the seats have electrical outlets or USB ports. (I was at the Newark airport last month. Their seats have cordless chargers on the arm rests.) From gate E-72 I had to walk across the entire terminal to get to the bathroom. 😄

Edited by Colorado Klutch

23 minutes ago, hikergirl said:

We experienced the same as you. We were on this ship, deck 5 (aft), and were also waiting for the elevator, but it was full when it reached our floor. My spouse carried the bags down to 3. Oh well. Everything worked smoothly after that, there was hardly anyone waiting for a taxi, and the airport was pretty quiet at 8:30. (Isn't it funny that in Alaska we had beautiful weather, but Colorado Springs had record breaking rain!?)

Are you the woman I ran into at the Alaskan Brewing Company in Juneau? 😀

10 minutes ago, Colorado Klutch said:

I mean no disrespect, but I fly a lot and although the Vancouver airport is nice, it it's not very modern. None of the seats have electrical outlets or USB ports. (I was at the Newark airport last month. Their seats have cordless chargers on the arm rests.) From gate E-72 I had to walk across the entire terminal to get to the bathroom. 😄

I didn't realise EWR had just opened a shiny new terminal (only last December according to the intrawebs), so maybe it's no longer the cramped, dank hellscape I remember. I formally withdraw my 'most advanced' and replace it with the confirmed-by-every-survey-on-airports 'nicest to be forced to spend time in instead😉

We'd rather even use LaGuardia than Newark historically, because while it might have been just as bad a building at least it had convenient subway access, but perhaps I should give EWR another go next time we're heading NYC-ward!

10 minutes ago, martincath said:

I didn't realise EWR had just opened a shiny new terminal (only last December according to the intrawebs), so maybe it's no longer the cramped, dank hellscape I remember. I formally withdraw my 'most advanced' and replace it with the confirmed-by-every-survey-on-airports 'nicest to be forced to spend time in instead😉

We'd rather even use LaGuardia than Newark historically, because while it might have been just as bad a building at least it had convenient subway access, but perhaps I should give EWR another go next time we're heading NYC-ward!

You're not wrong. I used to fly through Newark many years ago and it was like a giant elementary school cafeteria. Not sure when the new terminal was built, but yeah, it's pretty spiffy. And Vancouver is the only airport I've been to in years with no charging ports. 

Edited by Colorado Klutch

4 minutes ago, Colorado Klutch said:

You're not wrong. I used to fly through Newark many years ago and it was like a giant elementary school cafeteria. Not sure when the new terminal was built, but yeah, it's pretty spiffy. 

December 8, 2022

https://thepointsguy.com/news/newark-airport-terminal-a-first-look/

• Like 1