How accommodating are the restaurants for people with Tree Nut allergies?

valandemmy

So my wife has  tree nut allergy and she has typically been limited as far as what she can eat on most cruise lines.  just wondering how well Virgin does for folks with tree nut allergies?'

Any desserts that she can have?

As above--the allergy will be noted on your computer profile after the first time you notify them.  We were asked initially at the first check in at a restaurant and by EVERY server on the ship.  For complex situations, the chef will come out and speak with her.  There are lots of things that they can make for her, but before preparing a special dish, will want to review her needs with her.  They will also advise her as to things prepared in the standard fashion.  We found VV to be very attentive and willing to do special preparations for allergy needs.  To be safe, they will likely want to prepare all of her food as a "special," even when the ingredient list would imply that something is ok.  

Your one problem might be Test Kitchen.  I would suggest not booking with them on the first night, and stopping by the restaurant to make sure she can have a special meal if you do choose to eat there....or to verify that none of their items contain tree nuts.

Are you able to accommodate my dietary requests and/or food allergies?

Our expansive food and beverage offerings should be able to accommodate most dietary needs and requests, but be sure to ask our Sailor Services Crew before you sail regarding any specific requests or allergy concerns. Please note, we are NOT an allergen-free kitchen.

--My advice would be to contact Sailor Services prior to the cruise as they advise in their FAQ. I would also heed the last sentence above as that may have an impact on your concerns.

I have a tree nut allergy and they were fantastic about it at all of the restaurants except for one... The Dock did not ask and the sauce they use for the octopus has walnuts. A benadryl and a few hours of gastro distress later I was okay, but thought I should pass the story on for you to know as well! Have a wonderful time.

Edit to add that test kitchen is my very favorite and they accommodate perfectly there. They will leave nuts off if they can or substitute for an alternate item. 

Edited by ociana