The Bath's ,hidden secret beaches!!!

JstLv2Crz

Hi,

Just got back from visiting the Bath's on Virgin Gorda. The day we went it was very very windy. All the boats that were sailing over to the Bath's from Tortola had been canceled because of big waves, making it unsafe to swim and snorkel there. We deceided to take the ferry over from Tortola over to Virgin Gorda. The Speedy's boat going over was rocking and rolling pretty good, and the spray from the waves were getting all the people sitting on top soaked!! Once we arrived over to Virgin Gorda we jumped on Speedy's taxi up to the Bath's. Hiked down the trail til we got to the first crowded beach. If you look to your left once you hit the first beach, you will see a sign, and a small opening pointing to another beach. Take it, it is so much fun!!! You crawl, squirm, climb, squat and scoot over the hugh bolders to get to another beach. Once there, if it is windy and lots of big waves, keep going!!!

Hike to the end of the beach, and once at the end, look to your left by the bushes, there is another trail that keeps going! Follow it around, through some tight openings and you will come to another rocky beach, walk past this beach and you will come to another one. We stopped here and swam and snorkeled to our content. The snorkeling was amazing!!! Lots of fish and coral only a little ways from shore. The water is really clear and warm.

No body else from the ships tours or Speedy's was there. Just us and our friends! This beach was not on the windy side, so the water was pretty calm and safe to swim and snorkel in. Back at the two main beaches at the Bath's the wind was blowing hard, and no one could even get into the water safely, plus there were lots and lots of people. So, if you go and want peace and quite, hike the little trail at the end of the last big beach, you won't regret it, I promise!!!

PS This is our second time to the Bath's. Didn't realize you could hike farther than you think. Wish we found this trail the first time we visited this amazing place!

• 2 weeks later...

There's nothing secret about it. But maybe "less well known" is a better description.

I'm not surprized no one told you ahead of time, I think most that end up there keep it to themselves!. Just go to the extreme left of the 1st beach and there is a sign that says "Devil's Trail". Just go through the opening in the rocks after the sign. When you get to the 2nd beach follow the directions above. There is also a seperate trail from the parking area down to the 2nd beach if you want to avoid the crowded 1st beach altogether. . It starts to the left of the hut that the tours serve their rum punch from. Just ask anyone working at the top area and they will point you in the right direction.

The Baths were one of the most beautiful places we've been in our lives! I hope everyone who has a chance goes.

A photo from the "2nd" Beach.

Day4024.JPG.caed5133339a8cf053ca8b61c3c8d287.JPG

There's nothing secret about it. But maybe "less well known" is a better description.

But 'secret' sounds so much more mysterious and exciting!:)

Thanks for these tips. I will following them in about a week!

• 2 weeks later...
But 'secret' sounds so much more mysterious and exciting!:)

Thanks for these tips. I will following them in about a week!

Gator Claw..have always enjoyed your movies...

WE seem to be following your cruise pattern too...did the Valor about a month after you...now planning the Liberty 8 day eastern...I am looking forward to your reviews and pics...

Thanks for being so helpful on the boards...

Amy

AKA TravelWorks

In case I miss it...can you send me a copy of your review and a link to your new movie when it is done!!!

Thanks again.

cruisephotos@gmail.com

• 5 months later...

Thanks so much for the "secret". I hate crowds, so this will be great for us. I'm putting it in my file to take with me so I'll remember.

Again, thanks for sharing your secret. We're the only ship in port the day we are there, so hopefully it won't be so crowded anyway.

Archived