Question about Ships in USA

brittany21

Just getting back from my cruise, ive decided that when my bf and i get married, that i would like my honeymoon to be on a cruise, id love to go back to hawaii for it. One problem, the perspective groom refuses to fly. Therefore in here is Pa, i have to research which cruiselines, going to which destinations, leave from this area. New York, possibly Philadelphia. Any ideas, or suggestions? I know hes a pain, i think it would be easier to get a new groom. Lol j/k...

Depending on time of year lots of options out of NY, NJ, and Phil.

Winter the options are only NY but in the spring summer and fall 3 NCL ships as well as Carnival, RCL, Pricess, HAL, Celebrity. Cunard

Go to one of the mega cruise sites - select each of the ports, and dates.

Depending on time of year lots of options out of NY, NJ, and Phil.

Winter the options are only NY but in the spring summer and fall 3 NCL ships as well as Carnival, RCL, Pricess, HAL, Celebrity. Cunard

Go to one of the mega cruise sites - select each of the ports, and dates.

so cruise ships do leave from Philly? Are there actually cruises that go all the way from Philly to Hawaii...

NCL.com?

Hi

You might want to consider taking a train to California. I know there are cruises that leave out of CA. Why is your BF not willing to fly?

Maybe a trip to the doc for some medication that will keep him calm ( not out of it) would help.

Good Luck!

Hi

You might want to consider taking a train to California. I know there are cruises that leave out of CA. Why is your BF not willing to fly?

Maybe a trip to the doc for some medication that will keep him calm ( not out of it) would help.

Good Luck!

He is just terrified of flying. I told him just let me take you to the drs, and he'll dope u up nice. You'll go to sleep on the plane b4 we take off and wake up elsewhere. He says our honeymoon would be somewhere we can drive to. YUCK!!! Well, i brought up a cruise and that is doable, we will both enjoy that. I loved hawaii, and from what ive seen so far today, just light reasearch the cruises leaving from philly, are bermuda, the caribean, puerto rico. Those are nice, but i want to go back to Hawaii. So maybe you have a good idea there about a train, im just wondering how long that will take.

Thanks...

so cruise ships do leave from Philly? Are there actually cruises that go all the way from Philly to Hawaii...

NCL.com?

No way I know off to get from Philly to HI on a cruise ship. If you want to go to HI. See post above. Many ships to westcoast round trips to HI. I hope he likes sea days more then flying.

Bermuda yes in the spring on the Crown - at least this year.

No way I know off to get from Philly to HI on a cruise ship. If you want to go to HI. See post above. Many ships to westcoast round trips to HI. I hope he likes sea days more then flying.

Bermuda yes in the spring on the Crown - at least this year.

I didnt think so... :( Well by the time we get married maybe he can be talked into it, if not it might be an east coast trip for us.

Thanks shore guy

He is just terrified of flying. I told him just let me take you to the drs, and he'll dope u up nice. You'll go to sleep on the plane b4 we take off and wake up elsewhere. He says our honeymoon would be somewhere we can drive to. YUCK!!! Well, i brought up a cruise and that is doable, we will both enjoy that. I loved hawaii, and from what ive seen so far today, just light reasearch the cruises leaving from philly, are bermuda, the caribean, puerto rico. Those are nice, but i want to go back to Hawaii. So maybe you have a good idea there about a train, im just wondering how long that will take.

Thanks...

Quick check of Amtrak

Leave Pittsburg - 11:45 pm arrive Chicago 8:30 am day two

Leave Chicago - 8:15 PM arrive LA 8:15 am 2 days latter

When do you plan to tie the knot, or go on your honeymoon?

I ask because when is important to answer your question..

For exaple, during the months of November through March, no cruise ships sail from Philadelphia. During the months April through October, two ships sail from Philadelphia, and then only one for the entire season:

Norwegian Crown: April-June

Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas: April-October

When do you plan to tie the knot, or go on your honeymoon?

I ask because when is important to answer your question..

For exaple, during the months of November through March, no cruise ships sail from Philadelphia. During the months April through October, two ships sail from Philadelphia, and then only one for the entire season:

Norwegian Crown: April-June

Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas: April-October

Oh, we are not even engaged yet... but we ahve been together for 5 years and do plan on getting married, but are in no hurry. I am still in college. When we get married, it will probably be in the month of August.

Brittany: I suggest Alaska. It is the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen!!

NCL has two ships coming out of Seattle and one out of Vancouver. A nice train trip across the US could get you there to board your ship.

My parents also rave about a train trip across Canada to Alaska that they took a few years ago.

Brittany: I suggest Alaska. It is the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen!!

NCL has two ships coming out of Seattle and one out of Vancouver. A nice train trip across the US could get you there to board your ship.

My parents also rave about a train trip across Canada to Alaska that they took a few years ago.

Yes, im very interested in an alaskan cruise.. that might really be a nice honeymoon.

To do a Hawaii cruise (with you leaving from the East coast) with no flying would make for a nice long honeymoon, that's for sure. It's a minimum of 3 days train each way + about 14 days r/t for Hawaii (mainland to Hawaii, around the islands, and the return). You would really need to plan on arriving in CA at least 1 day before the cruise departure (we all know that trains are notoriously late; even more so than flying). So, you're looking at 3 weeks total time (3 + 1 + 14 + 3 = 21 days or so)--really lovely if you can do it, but you do need to keep that in mind when/if planning.

Glad you enjoyed Hawaii so much. It is a wonderful state.

beachchick

If you time things right, NCL has POH (Pride of Hawaii) coming into NYC and sailing to Hawaii to position her for her cruises this spring/early summer. She's brand new. NCL also has some more ships coming online over the next couple years. It wouldn't hurt to check those out too.

I see you were on POA. How was that cruise?

If you time things right, NCL has POH (Pride of Hawaii) coming into NYC and sailing to Hawaii to position her for her cruises this spring/early summer. She's brand new. NCL also has some more ships coming online over the next couple years. It wouldn't hurt to check those out too.

I see you were on POA. How was that cruise?

Only two things that might impede that suggestion. One, they aren't engaged as yet, so that would have to be a mightly quick engagement, wedding, honeymoon planned. Two, I don't believe PoH is having pax on her positioning trek until she gets to LA and then does the Pacific crossing. It's a nice idea though.

beachchick

Archived