"O" Fans Please do your thing and comment!

Hlitner

We did a B2B on Marina in June.  Had a fabulous time in Northern Europe and UK.  Marina was lovely, we were in a concierge cabin, room attendant was wonderful and prompt - no request was too small.  Food was very good and selection was amazing; food service staff very helpful with regard to food allergy.  

We prefer the O ships which provide more dining variety and space to wander - especially on sea days!

We have sailed on Marina several times and enjoyed this trip as much as previous.  No complaints.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Wynterwynd said:

Just off our first ‘O’ ship cruise (Marina, Norwegian Fjords) after previously on each of the ‘R’ ships.  Very pleased with cabin size.  No notice of anything being shabby or not working correctly.  Only argument regarding cabin temperature was with my spouse.  

We were in a PH cabin and our butler, Titus, was the best we’ve ever had—scoring us 3 additional specialty restaurant reservations and getting us into one of the wine pairing dinners (fabulous).

Two ports had to be cancelled due to wind/waves, but one substitute was found and we enjoyed an extra sea day.  Not a problem.

Food choices plentiful and well-prepared and presented.  Waves Grill still has my favorite Surf & Turf (hold the bun).  It’s still a struggle to order a drink (other than wine from the pushy sommeliers) unless you are in a cocktail venue.

Yes, there are more passengers, but also more space.  Would definitely choose an “O” ship again.  We’re on Nautica next, in January.  Looking forward to it!

Did you happen to have any shore excursions through Oceania on at the 2 ports that were cancelled? If so, how was that handled with regard to your account?

On 6/1/2023 at 7:23 PM, Snaefell3 said:

I, for one, had an urge to count my fingers after shaking hands.  😞

MichaelDeSaleleer.thumb.jpg.f714da95f71426272e0ac268b438640a.jpg

Felt the same way on Tahiti to LA cruise in April. Condescending to boot and frankly not the nice Canadian he liked to joke about BUT we booked another one for the extra OBC, clearly I could overlook my distaste for him.

When I chose OBC over excursions he told me I was wrong to make that choice. Well Michael, unfortunately it’s no longer a choice but how pompous of you to decide what’s right for me. I just repeated OBC please and he stopped talking.

Not a fan but I did laugh when he muffed the top cruisers name completely at the O club cocktail party and the old guy corrected him huffily, I applauded that fun. So few responsibilities yet he couldn’t master Mr. Johnson’s name, priceless.

Shoutout to Peter on Azamara however, the best next cruise guy!

• Like 2