mBark and Verifly

JeannyJ

I saw the blog on the website about how mBark and Verifly are supposed make the embarkation process faster and easier, but no info beyond that. The date on the blog article is March 2022 but since then both Canada and the US have gotten rid of the need for proof of vaccination. So my question is .. are these still in use and do they really make the check in process faster? And where do I find them to download?

We're heading to Alaska on the Volendam in July, roundtrip from Vancouver.

9 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

There are many threads here about VeriFly. It was never required and of little value today. 

Never heard of mBark.

I did look before but everything I found was from last spring and just people asking the same questions.  I was hoping there were some answers from people who have cruised this year/in the last 6 months.  This is the link to the article I read on the website  https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/recent-articles/whats-new/holland-implements-mbark-verifly-easy-embarkation/

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 11:39 PM, JeannyJ said:

I was hoping there were some answers from people who have cruised this year/in the last 6 months.

Embarked 3/2023 and no Verifly needed.

Why would you need it?

Verifly is used to verify Covid stuff.  Since Covid stuff is not required, there is no purpose for Verifly.  Delete it and enjoy the journey.

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Like 1

Maybe it depends on where you are.  

We embarked on the Noordam in February 2023 from Sydney. We uploaded all our info to Verifly based on our TA's recommendation.  When we arrived at the port there was a huge line and lots of chaos.  But....we saw a sign for Verifly and got in line and we were on the ship within 20 minutes.  It made a big difference on that occasion.  We also had to have a covid test within 24 hours of embarking in Sydney.

This was our 4th cruise since covid, and the only time we used/needed Verifly.  Other cruises were England, Egypt, and Caribbean.

• Thanks 1