Pricing questions when canceling within a Circle

jr84civic

Figure this might be a good place to ask.... if you're outside of the 120 day final payment and a better price comes up for the voyage, are you able to cancel the current voyage and then apply the future voyage credit towards the same voyage to get the better price? Does anyone know if this changes if you are booked within a circle? First mate is not too familiar with the VV system and claims you are not able to get a better deal once you're in a circle, but not 100% sure on that. TIA

Here would be a good place to start:  

https://www.virginvoyages.com/promotional-terms-and-conditions

My read at 56.3 would be, you can cancel at +120 days, any required deposit paid is retained as a future voyage credit, and everything else is refunded, and you're free to do you.   🙂.   I have excerpted relevant language below.      Scott. 

Item 56 --> Affinity Circle Bookings Modifications/Cancellations & Notices

1. Once names and deposits are made on ten (10) cabins, more cabins may be added up to fourteen (14) days prior to the Voyage depending on availability.  

2. A Circle’s Voyage date can be changed up until 120 days prior to voyage start date, based upon availability on future sailings.  

3. If a Sailor wishes to cancel, that Sailor will receive an Future Voyage Credit for their deposit amount up until 120 days prior to voyage start date (money paid for taxes and fees, bookables, and any amounts paid in excess of the voyage fare deposit will be refunded as well). 

4. At 120 days the Circle’s Voyage is locked in, though cancellations lowering the number in the Circle to under 10 cabins would result in the remaining Sailors’ reservations being transitioned into individual Sailor bookings.  Sailors may detach up to 120 days prior to the Voyage.

5. If a Circle Sailor has funds applied to their reservation, and should that Circle Sailor cancel between 120 and 45 days prior to the voyage sail date, that Circle Sailor will receive a 50% Future Voyage Credit for any voyage fare paid (though money paid for taxes and fees, and bookables would be refunded).

6. A Circle cabin category may be upgraded or downgraded 121 days or longer from the voyage sail date, depending on availability.  Within 120 days or sooner of the voyage sail date, a Circle cabin category may be upgraded only, depending on availability.  

7. After the seven-day hold period, cabin categories can only be upgraded.  
8. Any name can be changed on a Circle booking up until 48 hours the Voyage sailing date.  Name changes will automatically cancel any insurance for that Sailor, and no monies will be refunded.  

9. Our Sailor Services can only modify bookings for Sailors booked by a First Mate if it has no financial impact to Virgin Voyages.   

10. A Sailor booked in a Circle may transfer his or her booking to another at no cost, however, costs and fees related to that travel, for example, travel insurance, air travel, transfers, and shore excursions, may not be transferable or refundable. Cancellations can be made through Sailor Services or through a First Mate.  

11. If a Sailor of a First Mate wishes to cancel the Circle or their delegate booking, the Sailor must do so through their First Mate. 

12. If Sailors within the Circle cancel, but enough Sailors remain to keep the Circle intact, such cancellation will be handled in accordance with Virgin Voyages’ individual booking policies, found here.

Edited by YXU AC*SE
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jr84civic said:

Figure this might be a good place to ask.... if you're outside of the 120 day final payment and a better price comes up for the voyage, are you able to cancel the current voyage and then apply the future voyage credit towards the same voyage to get the better price? Does anyone know if this changes if you are booked within a circle? First mate is not too familiar with the VV system and claims you are not able to get a better deal once you're in a circle, but not 100% sure on that. TIA

I personally was able to cancel and rebook a reservation at more than 120 days when a better price became available.  I saved $374 and added a $600 bar tab.  My TA said that the only risk was that someone might hypothetically grab my cabin between the time she canceled for me and the time she got the rebooking thru (just a few minutes).  The other consideration is that once you have applied a MNVV to a specific date, there is a limit to the number of times you can "move" it, and a cancel and rebook counts as a date change, even though you rebooked the same date.  My "First Mate" was ranked as one of the top 10 in VV and seems to know all the ropes!  As to the circle, I was able to add her circle after the reservation was made, but I'm not sure on the rules there.....I do have the circle showing up on my reservation.

• Thanks 1