Can I take a heavy duty walker on a whale watching excursion in Juneau?

Wink87

I use a heavy duty walker for stability. I will need it to get from ship to excursion bus in Juneau. I do not need it once on board whale watching vessel. Does anyone know if they have room to stow such things?

You may want to reach out to the whale watching vendor (if you booked directly with them) or the cruiseline if it is a cruise excursion.    My guess is it would be no problem on either the bus or the boat.   On our whale watching boat there would have been plenty of room.

15 minutes ago, CCJack said:

You may want to reach out to the whale watching vendor (if you booked directly with them) or the cruiseline if it is a cruise excursion.    My guess is it would be no problem on either the bus or the boat.   On our whale watching boat there would have been plenty of room.

Ty for this. I booked through the cruise line so I will give them a call or check with shore excursions as soon as I board. Don't really trust the nice folks on the phone🤔

I use a wheelchair. I would have liked to do one myself , however, all the ship’s excursions said it wasn’t wheelchair accessible. For those who have been on a whale watching boat, would I have been able to? I took a look at one boat while I was in port and thought hmm….are there ramps?

Edited by sanders

If you book with the cruise line, the tour is typically through Allen Marine. You can stow walker, scooter or wheelchair in bus. They took my sister down to boat in their wheelchair. The restroom was inside and little bigger. May have had a bar also. My sister stayed inside boat and enjoyed the whale watching. We were there 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kat915 said:

If you book with the cruise line, the tour is typically through Allen Marine. You can stow walker, scooter or wheelchair in bus. They took my sister down to boat in their wheelchair. The restroom was inside and little bigger. May have had a bar also. My sister stayed inside boat and enjoyed the whale watching. We were there 2 weeks ago.

Ty for this info!