Gluten free options

58Piano

On 5/30/2023 at 5:04 PM, 58Piano said:

A friend is going on the Conquest. She is gluten and dairy free. What are her options?

I let them know under dietary restrictions. I am only gluten intolerant but I do fine. Every night in main dining room- I stay over a few minutes to pick out from the next days menu what I want for dinner the next night.  Works out great. The food is marked for gluten free on the buffet.  My favorite spot on deck is the Blue iguana.  They have a jalapeño wrap which I believe is corn and not hot to me. Love that. 

11 hours ago, Pleasan7 said:

I let them know under dietary restrictions. I am only gluten intolerant but I do fine. Every night in main dining room- I stay over a few minutes to pick out from the next days menu what I want for dinner the next night.  Works out great. The food is marked for gluten free on the buffet.  My favorite spot on deck is the Blue iguana.  They have a jalapeño wrap which I believe is corn and not hot to me. Love that. 

Do you know if Guys burger has a gluten free bun option?

I occasionally sail with a co-worker who is GF.  Locate the Menu Mate in the buffet area where the staff there can help with GF options.  They will assist you with your first day meals.  Then, it is easiest when eating in the MDR as your waitstaff will help you order your breakfast and dinner for the following day.  Then, the following morning after being seated for breakfast, give the staff your name and room number and they will bring your pre-ordered, GF meal.  The evening staff will already know you after one evening and will bring your pre-selected meal.  They will also bring a plate of GF bread each evening.   I believe Guys has a GF bun (but just ask and they will tell you).  I do know that the Blue Iguana has GF tortillas, the deli has GF bread and the pizza place has GF pizza dough.  There is always a GF dessert in the cake area in the buffet.  The chocolate melting cake has a GF option - you just need to let them know.  You can tell b/c it is served in a different style serving dish (oval rather than round).  My friend has been impressed with the GF options and the staff's knowledge in the care they take in preparing GF items.  For example, they let her know that the fries in the deli were not GF but the potato salad was.  It has made her cruising more enjoyable with less food stress.

I am both gluten and dairy intolerant. Your friend should contact special needs department before sailing to let them know. Items mentioned in previous posts may NOT be dairy free. Please make sure to ask before ordering.