Early Flight--Athens

scseas

Heading on the Silver Moon which is scheduled to arrive on a Monday in June into Athens. The Silversea's website says we arrive in Athens at 7:00am. Does anyone know who long until disembarking begins? I would like to make a 10:50 AM flight from Athens, connecting into IST, on way to USA. I will be in biz class, but Athens traffic can be very bad at that time. Am I cutting it too close? Thanks!

When we arrived into Athens about 4 weeks ago on the Moon "Debarking" as Roy calls it began ~ 7.30am. So if you book a private transfer say at 7.45 am to meet you at the port then even if it takes an hour you should be at the airport 2 hours before the flight leaves which should make for little stress though very little if any lounge time!

Edited by drron29
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, drron29 said:

When we arrived into Athens about 4 weeks ago on the Moon "Debarking" as Roy calls it began ~ 7.30am. So if you book a private transfer say at 7.45 am to meet you at the port then even if it takes an hour you should be at the airport 2 hours before the flight leaves which should make for little stress though very little if any lounge time!

We’ll have a layover in IST which has a great lounge. What’s the best lounge in Athens?

3 minutes ago, drron29 said:

The last I heard that there is no very good lounge in Athens. From a friend who flew from Athens on a One World carrier a week ago.

That's what my research suggested too -- all the better reason to get out of there early and on our way. We'll enjoy Athens itself pre-cruise. I assume we'll need to carry our own luggage off to make things go quicker? Google Maps predicts a Monday morning drive from the port can take 90 minutes, so we're cutting it close. Do you know if Athens has a dedicated security line for biz class customers for Turkish Airways? I know it's an option on Aegean.

I personally haven't flown out of athens but all the airports I have flown out of in europe recently have had premium security lines that can be used if in business class on any airline.

I searched for times Pireas at 8am on mondays and came up with a better answer-

Map from Cruise Terminal C to Athens International Airport "Eleftherios Venizelos"
1 hr 5 min (50.0 km) via A/D Pireos Athinon Thessalonikis Evzonon/A1/E75 and Attiki Odos/A6/E94

Again seeing you are in business class it shouldn't be too bad getting checked in and through security.
I would check in online the day before and have the BP on your phone so you just have to drop bags. The Turkish website says that bag drop will close 1 hour before an international flight.
So it is doable but would be tight. I assume the 1.30 flight wouldn't connect in IST?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, drron29 said:

I personally haven't flown out of athens but all the airports I have flown out of in europe recently have had premium security lines that can be used if in business class on any airline.

I searched for times Pireas at 8am on mondays and came up with a better answer-

Map from Cruise Terminal C to Athens International Airport "Eleftherios Venizelos"
1 hr 5 min (50.0 km) via A/D Pireos Athinon Thessalonikis Evzonon/A1/E75 and Attiki Odos/A6/E94

Again seeing you are in business class it shouldn't be too bad getting checked in and through security.
I would check in online the day before and have the BP on your phone so you just have to drop bags. The Turkish website says that bag drop will close 1 hour before an international flight.
So it is doable but would be tight. I assume the 1.30 flight wouldn't connect in IST?

Thank you! Correct, the later flight would not meet MCT and cannot be ticketed.