App for group messages

Can someone explain to me how the group chat app works on RCCL Liberty of the Seas. Travelling with 35 people and wanted to set somethng up so we have a way to communicate. How do you get it and add people?  Thanks!

I had serious issues with it and had to keep reconnecting to the ship wifi.  As Biker19 said connect all your folks to your app.  Sometimes it would show messages but usually you had to keep looking to see if there were new ones. In my case (WOS), not everyone had my issues of connectivity as my card is a funky Alaskan one, I hate to suggest purchasing the wifi, but it would have helped for us. There is a voom desk that can assist your group as well.  It was deck four on WOS, but you can find it on your ship.  

If you aren’t purchasing internet etc the messaging app is free to use.

1) download app at home on your device in your own name

2) once on board, put your phone in airplane mode, then connect to the ships wifi (this is free)

3) the app does not provide notifications so you have to keep checking the app for any messages (it’s a pain…but it’s free)

4) older phones you may have to keep reconnecting

5) the app is glitchy for all things not just messages so some patience is needed.

6) fingers crossed that they make some improvements to the app. 

• Like 1

What about sending the a single message to the entire group?  I understand how to add all the guests to the chat feature.  I understand how to send a text to one of the guests in my contact list.  Now, I want to send a text to all 40 guests in our group.  How do you set up a group chat session so all guests get the one text?  Is there a video showing how to do this that anyone is aware of?  I’ve been searching and have not found one yet.  

15 hours ago, Tazmantravel said:

What about sending the a single message to the entire group?  I understand how to add all the guests to the chat feature.  I understand how to send a text to one of the guests in my contact list.  Now, I want to send a text to all 40 guests in our group.  How do you set up a group chat session so all guests get the one text?  Is there a video showing how to do this that anyone is aware of?  I’ve been searching and have not found one yet.  

12 hours ago, acuprulez said:

Perhaps this is no longer the case since I haven't used in-app messaging in years, but isn't there something like a 10-person limit on group chats?

Not sure about the limit but we messaged with 6 of us on our recent cruise with no issue.

What each person has to do, is make themselves findable to others. You can message people on your booking without that being done. But others have to have to make themselves findable, and you have to find them by name. 

13 hours ago, acuprulez said:

Perhaps this is no longer the case since I haven't used in-app messaging in years, but isn't there something like a 10-person limit on group chats?

This may be the case NOW, but it wasn't a few months ago when people found a way to send messages to hundreds of passengers at the same time, causing them to shut the chat feature down for about a week. Not sure if there is a limit on it since that happened. 

23 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

This may be the case NOW, but it wasn't a few months ago when people found a way to send messages to hundreds of passengers at the same time, causing them to shut the chat feature down for about a week. Not sure if there is a limit on it since that happened. 

If I am not mistaken it was not a single large message, it was hundreds of small groups.  Going based on memory from the screenshots, not 100% sure.

• Like 1