SCUBA shop recommendation in Barbados from Cruise Ship

PittieMe74

Good day!

First time visiting Barbados. We are arriving on Celebrity cruise ship in December 2023. Port arrival is 11am. Looking for a recommended dive operator that I can contact to see if they accommodate afternoon dives. If we cannot find a good recommendation, we may dive St. Lucia instead as we arrive earlier that day.  If you also have recommendation for St. Lucia dive operator, please send it my way!

Thank you for your time! 

For Barbados, I'd recommend West Side Scuba.  Peter usually responds quickly.  Hopefully, you'd be able to see their wreck park.

Peter Grannum

West Side Scuba Centre

westsidescuba@gmail.com

One of my Barbados dives

I loved St Lucia and was able to see tons of sponges there.  I dove with Scuba Steves and was very pleased with them.  But, I've heard good things about other operators there a well.

Scuba Steve's Diving Ltd.
Castries St. Lucia

scubasteves@divesaintlucia.com

My St Lucia dive

• Thanks 1

100% agree about West Side for Barbados.  I just got word they're moving back to the Boatyard beach, which is even more convenient for cruise passengers.  Peter can't pick up inside the port anymore, but will meet you at the port gate.  (https://westsidescuba.com/)

I've used Scuba Steve's in the past and they were fine; but I've been happier with Eastern Caribbean Diving.  Either will get you a good day of diving, and there's no easier port for cruise ship to dive boat pick up, regardless of which pier your ship docks at.  (https://www.easterncaribbeandivingstlucia.com/)

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1