Izumi Prix-Fixe dinner question

Hi! I tried searching the forum for this and can't find the answer.  I just ordered Izumi dinner for $36pp and scheduled using the app.  I understand that the sushi rolls will be half the size than if you buy ala carte.  My question is this.  How do I make a dinner reservation when paying ala carte?  I know you can do that for lunch as I did that in April 2022, but that was during pandemic and ships were running differently. 

Now I don't really care about the sushi size, but I think I can save money on our dinner because my daughter only wants 2 servings of the Shrimp Tempura appetizer and dessert.  I am OK with just 1 sushi plate and passing on dessert. 

So... do I have to schedule the dinner in person as soon as we board or are all dinners prix-fixe regardless if you book online ahead of time or in person on ship?

I do like the day and time I received online, and there are 2 others eating with is that would eat more than us 2 "birds".  If it was just me and DD I would push for a lunch.

Thanks in advance.

I'd just book for you the fixed price. Once onboard tell them your daughter will be joining for ala carte. That way your time is booked. 

I'm not positive the fixed price is 4 pieces, I'll know in sept. I know for the UDP its 4 pieces but not sure for booking direct. I have read ala carte can be cheaper. .. but I too booked a time and doing the fixed price for more variety. 

• Thanks 1