M class Sky suite shower / tub useful?

zitsky

We were on the Summit in March (a revolutionized M class ship) and the Sky Suites did indeed have a shower/tub combo. Normal size of both shower and tub (not huge like E class, but definitely usable!)

21 minutes ago, DingoMom said:

We were on the Summit in March (a revolutionized M class ship) and the Sky Suites did indeed have a shower/tub combo. Normal size of both shower and tub (not huge like E class, but definitely usable!)

I only saw it very quickly on a video.  But it looked like you had to bend your legs to use the “tub”.  And there was the shower curtain.  (Does it work?)   Is the tub very deep?

I am tempted to do another Sky Suite.  TA is offering an instance amount of credit.

I’m 5’8 and I had to climb up over the tub wall; it is plenty deep, though a little narrower than a typical hotel bathtub. I had no problem sitting against the back and stretching all the way out. The ‘closure’ was a half-glass half shower curtain combo. For us, the curtain was ‘heavy duty’ and it stayed down (didn’t try to wrap around you)!

I ❤️ insane amounts of OBC! 

9 minutes ago, DingoMom said:

I’m 5’8 and I had to climb up over the tub wall; it is plenty deep, though a little narrower than a typical hotel bathtub. I had no problem sitting against the back and stretching all the way out. The ‘closure’ was a half-glass half shower curtain combo. For us, the curtain was ‘heavy duty’ and it stayed down (didn’t try to wrap around you)!

I ❤️ insane amounts of OBC! 

That combo tub?  Do you fill it up using the shower head or from a faucet like a normal tub?

I was checking just a few itineraries before we decided on final plan.  Just then, our TA lost internet and she works from home.  So I’m waiting to get confirmation of final numbers.

I’m worried if she still gives us those insane amounts of OBC that it will make the cruise seem cheap, and I’ll have to book it.  😭

Edited by zitsky

Tub fills up from a tap like at home or in a hotel (NOT from the shower head). 🛁

I read your other post, too. I’m f X is giving OBC for the booking, I see no reason why the TA OBC would affect that! 

20 minutes ago, DingoMom said:

Tub fills up from a tap like at home or in a hotel (NOT from the shower head). 🛁

I read your other post, too. I’m f X is giving OBC for the booking, I see no reason why the TA OBC would affect that! 

Ok thank you.  We were originally thinking of a cruise to Hong Kong then found this Bali one.  Will decide once TA comes back online.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoePDX said:

If you are tall (I'm 6'2") standing the in tub results in nearly touching the roof....   

Joe

Nearly?  I'm only an inch taller, and I had to stoop. I hit my head on the ceiling every day!  (Hope you guys are doing well!)

1 minute ago, Blazerboy said:

Nearly?  I'm only an inch taller, and I had to stoop. I hit my head on the ceiling every day!  (Hope you guys are doing well!)

I was being delicate.  😂😂 I was going to add washing hair was a stooping maneuver…

We are well….Jeff retired in March….me sometime next year. 😊.  Hope all is good with you both….

Joe

1 minute ago, JoePDX said:

I was being delicate.  😂😂 I was going to add washing hair was a stooping maneuver…

We are well….Jeff retired in March….me sometime next year. 😊.  Hope all is good with you both….

Joe

Retirement for both of us last year...winery jobs and Winter vacations to warmer climates is suiting us both.  Morocco, Madeira and the Canaries next!

• Like 1