Securing Taxi in London

We will be arriving in London from Amsterdam on the Eurostar. Wondering how difficult it will be to secure a taxi from the train station to our Westminster hotel. Any ideas? 

Thank you for any suggestions. 

4 hours ago, Island2Dweller said:

Traffic in central London can be very slow, the tube (underground) will probably be quicker (and vastly cheaper) if that matters to you.

It may depend on how much luggage you have and where in Westminster your hotel is. To go by tube, you would need to walk over to Kings Cross underground Station (5 mins). For the Park Plaza or The London Marriot, you would need to go to Waterloo which means a change of trains. 

Personally, I would pay the £25 or so for a taxi - especially with cruise luggage. 

The taxi rank at St Pancras is clearly signposted from the Eurostar Terminal and is only a short walk. There can be a line for cabs, but there are always plenty available and you will not have to wait long. Personally, I would use a taxi with luggage rather than the tube.

Edited by Simon-t

6 hours ago, Island2Dweller said:

Traffic in central London can be very slow, the tube (underground) will probably be quicker (and vastly cheaper) if that matters to you.

1 hour ago, Bob++ said:

Personally, I would pay the £25 or so for a taxi - especially with cruise luggage. 

I'd be pretty annoyed if I had to pay as much as £25 to get a black cab from St Pancras to the far (Waterloo) end of Westminster Bridge, especially during the day. And especially as there are many bus lanes that black cabs are allowed to use. I reckon that the slowest part of the journey is likely to be just getting out of the southern end of Midland Road at its junction with Euston Road.

Thank you everyone for your replies. 

I appreciate knowing the approximate cost of the taxi, which we will use. 

I do anticipate using the Tube while we are there, just not with luggage. 

Jane 

• Like 1