LIVE Disney Wonder Alaska Cruise June 12th - 19th

bnurick

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from bnurick! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

bnurick was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Good afternoon!  This will be my first live review on CC outside a Celebrity sailing.  We originally booked this itinerary for July 2020 and was cancelled.  So, this is a rebooking and also our first Alaska cruise and first time on the Wonder.  We are a family of four, which includes two pretend adults ages 16 and 19. 🤣

My Wife @mcclarke1 is a Disney Cruise Line frequent cruiser and is currently platinum status and a few cruises away from pearl status.  I will be platinum after this sailing.  With her status she has booked everything.

Also, with the ages of the kids now, we booked two adjacent forward deck seven staterooms (Category 05B) so everyone has enough bed length to sleep.

image.png.7e5f1cbe3ff355239781420958458680.png

Our travel plans are to fly into and out of Vancouver on AA starting tomorrow (Sunday) through Chicago and back home through Dallas (next Monday).  4 packed suitcases, 1 empty suitcase for future purchases and one has 4 bottles of wine as beverage service is fairly slow, so we bring in our own bottle (pay the corkage) to expedite the dining service.  I booked a while ago two rooms at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver Airport.  I choose this location in case we hit travel problems and arrive late, or we have baggage delays we are not relying on a delivery service.  If all goes well, we will land at Noon and will make their Afternoon Tea experience.

image.png.71e9a52a2c436348d4cd0dc3f6a89c41.png

Here are some of our booked activities I will be posting on below.  Further, I will post all the menus and wine lists.

Day 2: Palo Brunch

Day 3: Glacier Explorer at 3:15PM

Day 3: Palo Dinner

Day 4: Big Nugget Excursion

Day 5: Whale Watching, Salmon Bake and Mendenhall Glacier

Day 6: Disney Exclusive: Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's Tour and Dinner with Crew

Thank you for traveling along with us and more to come...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

@bnurick I know disney cc is not viewed much but I am enjoying the pictures. Would love to see some pics of the ship.

The internet on the Wonder has not been upgraded and was terrible.  I ended up posting everyday in the group Disney Cruising on FB.  I included all the menus for each restaurant too.  Cheers!

• 1 month later...