Large Group Excursion Options in Nassau

Cruiser1976

Hi, I will be getting married in Feb on a Celebrity cruise which stops in Nassau. We have about 70-80 people attending and since so many have already been to Nassau a bunch of times on other cruises, we were trying to coordinate and pay for a group shore excursion for anyone who wanted to attend. We had a few ideas but am having a hard time coming up with options based on budget ($80-$100 pp) and the fact that there will be some children as well (about 5 ages 7-11).

We have been looking at a group excursion through the cruise line to Blue Lagoon which fits our budget. The only concern is that Nassau is the day after the wedding and the excursion start time is 8a. We're not sure how many people will be up to an excursion that early in the morning after having some fun the night before. We are still trying to see if they have any later start times since the ship is there until 6p.

We looked at Margaritaville which is a little over our budget and they do not offer group rates. We also looked at Pearl Island especially since were there back in March, however, their people barely responded to any emails which didn't give us high hopes that they would come though.

There are also many all-inclusive options, however, most are either adults only or have an age limit for children that wouldn't work for us.

Has anyone done or know of something that can accommodate a group of this size, possibly beach related that would also accommodate kids and the budget?

We looked through the other Celebrity excursion options and didn't really find anything else. We also don't want to do something like a city tour.

Thanks!

If it were me, I'd look for a local company that might be able to take you out to what is sometimes called "Jaws Beach" out at Clifton Bay.  Very much off the beaten path, but it is a spectacular beach right by Lyford Cay.  

I agree with you that an 8:00 a.m. excursion the morning after the wedding is a NO GO.  Everyone is going to be very tired.  People are going to want to sleep in, and then get breakfast.

What if you hired a couple of buses to take you over to Arawak Cay for a Bahamian lunch, and then head out west to Clifton Bay after lunch for the afternoon, and then bring you back to the ship?

1 hour ago, Rothko1 said:

If it were me, I'd look for a local company that might be able to take you out to what is sometimes called "Jaws Beach" out at Clifton Bay.  Very much off the beaten path, but it is a spectacular beach right by Lyford Cay.  

I agree with you that an 8:00 a.m. excursion the morning after the wedding is a NO GO.  Everyone is going to be very tired.  People are going to want to sleep in, and then get breakfast.

What if you hired a couple of buses to take you over to Arawak Cay for a Bahamian lunch, and then head out west to Clifton Bay after lunch for the afternoon, and then bring you back to the ship?

That sounds like it might be a good idea. Have you by chance had any experience with any local companies or bus companies there that you would recommend?

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, Cruiser1976 said:

That sounds like it might be a good idea. Have you by chance had any experience with any local companies or bus companies there that you would recommend?

Thanks!

No, I'm afraid not.  I just have stayed over on the west side of New Providence a lot, and I like that area.  But never had to hire a bus or anything like that.  But I suspect a Google Search might be useful.

For a group of 70+ I would definitely split into smaller groups. Just not manageable unless you work with a resort. 
Do many in your group want to snorkel? Some may want to go to Pearl Island, Rose Island, or Baha Bay?