Ascent/Beyond Inside Cabins

timf264

I'm guessing the Ascent will be the same stateroom setup. Has anyone sailed on the Beyond in an inside cabin? I'm looking to know what would be the best location for quietness... I know some of the inside cabins can be located next to crew doors where they are always coming in and out of.

Thanks!

I'll try to make my response brief but you need a little background.  We were on a Med. cruise on the Apex in October 2022.  About 5 days before we were due to disembark in Civitavecchia to fly home my husband came down with Covid and felt pretty ill so he contacted the Medical Center.  They transferred him to an OCEANVIEW on Deck 3.  I tested negative so I was allowed to stay in our Infinite Veranda cabin on Deck 7.  He was still testing negative on the day of disembarkation and we were informed by guest services that the Italian government would not permit any passengers testing positive to disembark in Italy.  So we had no choice but to stay on the ship until we reached a country that would let us disembark. In this case, Spain, in 2 more days.  Unfortunately, I had to leave my cabin because the next cruise was beginning and the cabin was booked.

My liaison in Guest Services said the only available cabin for me was an inside cabin.  I offered to pay for a better cabin but I was told no.  I didn't then and still don't believe that there wasn't a better cabin considering no cruises at that time were sailing full.

Which leads me to answer your question.  They put me in cabin 7070 and if you're looking for quiet then that is the one.  Its a basic inside, not deluxe, and in my mind its a glorified broom closet and shouldn't be used for paying passengers.  Its difficult to describe but you enter the cabin through two doors - one from the corridor and then there's a tiny area where there is a door to a mechanical/electrical room right in front of you and then the door to your cabin to your right.   I never heard any noise at all while in the cabin.  

I checked the deck plans before responding.  The Ascent has the same cabin.

1 hour ago, baggal said:

I'll try to make my response brief but you need a little background.  We were on a Med. cruise on the Apex in October 2022.  About 5 days before we were due to disembark in Civitavecchia to fly home my husband came down with Covid and felt pretty ill so he contacted the Medical Center.  They transferred him to an OCEANVIEW on Deck 3.  I tested negative so I was allowed to stay in our Infinite Veranda cabin on Deck 7.  He was still testing negative on the day of disembarkation and we were informed by guest services that the Italian government would not permit any passengers testing positive to disembark in Italy.  So we had no choice but to stay on the ship until we reached a country that would let us disembark. In this case, Spain, in 2 more days.  Unfortunately, I had to leave my cabin because the next cruise was beginning and the cabin was booked.

My liaison in Guest Services said the only available cabin for me was an inside cabin.  I offered to pay for a better cabin but I was told no.  I didn't then and still don't believe that there wasn't a better cabin considering no cruises at that time were sailing full.

Which leads me to answer your question.  They put me in cabin 7070 and if you're looking for quiet then that is the one.  Its a basic inside, not deluxe, and in my mind its a glorified broom closet and shouldn't be used for paying passengers.  Its difficult to describe but you enter the cabin through two doors - one from the corridor and then there's a tiny area where there is a door to a mechanical/electrical room right in front of you and then the door to your cabin to your right.   I never heard any noise at all while in the cabin.  

I checked the deck plans before responding.  The Ascent has the same cabin.

Correction:  he was tested positive on the day of disembarkation

We were on Beyond in Dec we had booked 3 inside cabin for our adult children. 9292 9278 9268. The room we almost identical to our infinity balcony room minus the window and chairs. 

BF3937DD-9BC8-46AB-B21B-CB7B639DD998.jpeg

FCCA9485-6EDB-4EFC-AAC6-3E9B61734786.jpeg

• Like 1

I am just off the Beyond and had a fantastic 11 day cruise.  We were in cabin 10175.  So quiet, it was fantastic.  Great size and as someone else mentioned, exactly the same as the Infinity Balcony Cabins minus the balcony and view, as we were with friends who were in one of those.

• Like 1