Cost of upgrading from OLD plus to new premier onboard?

Flo71

Hi, I paid £30 for plus package for my upcoming July cruise, I'm in the UK. However, I am tempted to try the premier package and wonder if I could just upgrade from plus to premier onboard and how much this would cost. If I had the new plus I assume it would just cost £15 each a day but I have the old £30 a day plus so would I get a bargain and they would just charge the £15 a day or would they make me pay to upgrade to the new plus first.

Interested in actual experiences if people have done this.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Flo71

I do not have the answer to this because I am not from UK…but

Could you just cancel current package without penalty and purchase Premier?

If you pre-purchase before cruise, will it affect insurance costs and fees?  In the US, there is a slight extra charge pre-cruise cost.

Do you have OBC?  It will cost you base rate without additional fees if you purchase on first day.  

Passenger 1 and 2 will need to purchase Premier.  

You would probably have to pay the difference between old and Premier.  If it were me, I would keep old Plus beverage package and try the Premier on another short cruise.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flo71 said:

Hi, I paid £30 for plus package for my upcoming July cruise, I'm in the UK. However, I am tempted to try the premier package and wonder if I could just upgrade from plus to premier onboard and how much this would cost. If I had the new plus I assume it would just cost £15 each a day but I have the old £30 a day plus so would I get a bargain and they would just charge the £15 a day or would they make me pay to upgrade to the new plus first.

Interested in actual experiences if people have done this.

Thanks in advance

Hi, also in the uk.

Did you use a TA?

We called up our TA to check what was included in our Prem package, as we booked before the new additions. We were told we don’t have the new additions but that Princess could ‘upgrade’ us and told us how much.

if you used a TA I’d call them & get it sorted that way. they could at least tell you what is possible and how much before your trip even if you don’t do anything until you are on board

• Like 1