Gluten Free on Radiance..?

Hi, taking our 1st Royal Cruise in the fall & I’m wondering how easy it will be for me to eat Gluten Free.

Our previous cruises on other lines have been pretty good when I pre order the day before, but that really takes the spontaneity away & I may not want to eat in the MDR every meal.

Any input on GF in the Windjammer?…hotdog place?

I’ve read some comments, that some ships have a dedicated Windjammer area for Gluten Free…what about on the Radiance?

I am gluten sensitive, but not a celiac. I have eatened many times on the Radiance (my favorite class of ships) and have had zero issues finding/ ordering gluten free food either in the MDR (tell your waiter) or the windjammer. The best way to get windjammer you desire is to talk to a chef in the windjammer and they will get or make it for you. Their gluten free pizza's are super because you can order anything to be put on it and you get the whole thin crust pizza steaming hot delivered to you at your table. It takes some time for them to prepare it so assure you have a bit of time. The same holds true for hamburgers with gluten free buns, and the doghouse also has gluten free hotdog buns on request. I have found that the French fries are not an issue for me, but the chef will, make you gluten free fries on request.

Ed

There is also an email address for special dietary restrictions.  Have traveled with my GF SIL a couple of times.  The head waiter will typically come towards the end of dinner and go over the following days menu with options and you can pre-order.  One day chicken cordon bleu was on the menu- a favorite of hers.  She asked if they could make that GF and they did.