Gratuities included in fare on Princess

34 minutes ago, kaseyoz said:

One other thing to think about if deciding about premier plus for yourself  is your loyalty level.

i am elite so get internet half price. It cost me $105 i think for the 14 nights so we just share that.

we get the mini bar and can take on two bottles of wine. The desserts and other things are a non event fir us.

They still have the evening Elite drinks in Vista every night, drinks not free but cheaper.

We are not big drinkers and have 9 port stops out of 14 days so will not get close to drinking the $1800 usd of drinks 

Just something to think about.

However you do get 25% of any wines by the bottle with Plus/Premier and that has to be taken into consideration as most of the wines by the glass are rubbish. Also you only pay the extra for drinks over the limit which means we can indulge in the odd glass of Remy Martin XO for just an extra AU $3. 😊

For our upcoming Japan cruise we're getting the Plus package. It's only 9 nights. I don't want to cart wine from Australia to take onboard. I don't know what wines they will have by the glass on that cruise but with having the package if we don't like one we can just order something else. We tend to have a cocktail before dinner, wine with dinner, and a digestif or cognac after dinner so will probably break even on the package even though we're also Elite. On some cruises the Elite drinks have been too early for us - we're late diners.

We got the Plus package for $40 for the 2024 World Cruise so it will be even easier to break even on that cruise.

I doubt we'll get the Plus package on future cruises though unless they seriously improve their wine list.

1 hour ago, kaseyoz said:

Thanks Geoff. Been a long time since We cruised Princess. This is now our favourite ship.

It does not have all the “toys” ice skating, dodgem cars, slides etc.

But it has so much entertainment, brilliant staff and food options without all the extra cost add on.

Also cruising from UK has been fun, everyone we talk to has been to Australia or has a relative here. Everyone talks to everyone.

Formal night, the majority was in tuxedo or suit/ bow tie , other nights quite dressy. Eg, did not see any shorts/ t shirts in dining room.

Hi Karon, can't advise on anything as we haven't cruised Princess in a while, and lot's has changed i think but just wanted to say hi and have a great time, hope you and Aldo are well.

Cruising from the UK is something we would love to do  sometime.

48 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Hi Karon, can't advise on anything as we haven't cruised Princess in a while, and lot's has changed i think but just wanted to say hi and have a great time, hope you and Aldo are well.

Cruising from the UK is something we would love to do  sometime.

Thanks Chez. We are doing ok thanks, (finally) we are away for 9 weeks altogether.

Loving this ship. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, jamesmatt said:

Hi booking australia cruise for next year live in UK and booking from here. Are gratuities included in the fare as departing Sydney and returning to sydney

No, this is only for $AU and $NZ bookings. When booking from elsewhere, including the UK and US, daily grats are added to your onboard account. There is the option to pre-pay them.

While that would seem unfair, your upfront fare should be cheaper. Once aboard, the $AU pricing is the total price - ie, there is no extra gratuity added to bar or restaurant purchases.